Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Immobiliser?

Ridders72

Hi all

New to this site - any help appreciated.

Had my 06 Aygo Black MMT since Feb this year, and twice now I've parked up, done stuff for half an hour and tried to start the car again.

When I try to put it in gear, the N light on the dash flashes. It won't select any gear, R, E or M. The red light under the indicators light (red exclamation mark surrounded by a cog) stays on.

When I turn the engine off and try to start again - nothing. Left it 15 mins last time (around May) and it was ok. Left it half an hour this time, and still nothing.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Jon

I'm pretty sure this has none to do wint an immobiliser, but with your M-MT.

The red gear is a symbol for a fault with the M-MT. The immobiliser makes starting the car impossible...

Silly question perhaps, but are you putting your foot on the brake when you try to put it in gear?

Thanks for the replies. Have you seen this fault before then, Jan?

Silly questions I can reply to Jan&tone! Yep, foot is on the brake when trying to start it.

This Jan can't really help you: I have nog M-MT, but a friend had one and told me about the gear-icon.

Thanks though Jan. Much appreciated.

Anyone else have any thoughts? Thanks!

"Silly questions I can reply to Jan&tone! Yep, foot is on the brake when trying to start it."

But Jan & Tone asked if you're depressing the brake pedal every time you try to engage a gear from neutral(N). :)

Ooops. Maybe I can't do silly questions then!! No, don't think I did. Could that be the answer then?

Ooops. Maybe I can't do silly questions then!! No, don't think I did. Could that be the answer then?

It's a possibility....

When we first got our Aygo, my wife too it shopping (it doesn't spend much btw) about 2 hours later, I got a phone call to say she couldn't start the car!

I suggested that she may have left it in gear when she parked, which she had. 10 minutes later I got another call to say she had got it started but it wouldn't get into gear....

foot on the footbrake I asked? - oops she said. She was home 5 minutes later!

Cheers for the reply. Thinking about it, I think I only put my foot on the brake the on the initial gear selection, not subsequent ones. Hopefully, it won't happen again - touch wood! - but if it does, I'll give it a go. Thanks again!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links