Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Revs Stay Up

Hazzer

I have an 09 Toyota Auris TR 1.6, which I bought four months ago with 6.000 miles on the clock from a main dealer.

When I am changing up from first to second, and second to third, the revs do not fall immediately when I take my foot off the accelerator and depress the clutch - in fact, occasionally they seem to rise slightly, then die away seconds later.

I have never been sure how to respond to this - whether I should just get on with the gear-change while the revs are high because it is a feature that is deliberately programmed, or whether I should wait for the revs to die down before changing.

I had assumed that over a matter of days or weeks, I would adjust to this, and that I would eventually not give it a thought. Four months later, however, I'm still not clear what's going on and what I should be doing about it.

I've never driven the 1.6 but when I first tried the 1.33 something along the lines of what you are describing was the first thing that struck me. It felt really disconcerting tbh but it's the way it's meant to be in this case. All my previous cars had a throttle cable linkage, the Auris the first I owned to have "drive by wire". And mine was just the same as the demonstrator.

I never give it a moments thought now though.

Do nothing, its an emissiions feature, perfectly normal, nothing to worry about.:thumbsup:

• 8 months later...

I was going to post about this so I'm glad I found this thread. Wife and I purchased a 59 Auris TR (1.6i) three weeks ago.. and I noticed this on the test drive and even now. I thought it was my driving style but I've experimented over the last three weeks and it still does exactly as the original poster described. If it's just a feature a not a problem I'm happy to live with it. But if it's for emissions, surely it would slightly increase them as the number of times it happens in a typical journey soon adds up as wasted fuel? Or is it to attempt to smoothen out the gear change?

Lettuce

Mine has always done it. At first I thought I was leaving my foot on the gas pedal but after much practice realised that was not the case.

Its something to do with making sure unburnt fuel is not kicked out of the exhaust.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

My auris 2007 seems to have the same problem which for me it's a bit annoying. I have reed few forum posts and just wondering is that is not the part of the problem for toyota" gas pedal recall"? What do you think

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links