Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Default Tires

kringel

Does Toyota use some specific tire brand or model on their cars? Which tires have You gotten with your new Auris?

If the dealership gives the customer a wrong arrival date, do they usually compensate the extra waiting time?

I got Continental tyres with my 2008 Yaris. I don't think you would be compensated for the dealer giving you the wrong arrival date for your car, I know I certainly would not expect it. I would think that the date given to you would have been an estimate. Have you got the Auris now? I'm sure it was/will be worth the wait! :)

I got Dunlop Sport tyres with my new Verso S in April

The Verso S was Jap built and one of the last to leave Japan just days before the earthquake & tsunami

I have seen other Verso S models with Bridgestone tyres

Delivery dates quoted by dealers are usually only estimates, but the Auris is UK built I think so delivery estimates should be quite accurate.

If yours is wildly inaccurate you maybe could try to get an extra (carpets etc) as compensation, although the dealer is not obliged to provide any compensation

Enjoy your car when it comes!

For the European market, three door Auris's are built in Turkey, and five door Auris's in the UK (Derby). My 2009 UK built Auris has Continental tyres.

It is quite common for some manufacturers to source tyres for a model from more than one tyre company - presumably to ensure supply. Although sometimes tyre/car manufacturers design tyres for a specific model - one example being the Mazda Premacy where Toyo designed the Tranpath 23 fitment for that specific model.

Dunlop Sport on my 60 Auris. Seem to be a bit noisier than the Michelins on my previous Corolla. Delivery time is an estimate unless you have got a date in writing which would be unusual.

2007 Auris D-CAT: ContiSportContact 3 225/45 R17

2005 Corolla Estate 1.4: Bridgestone something...

I will get my car 2 months over time from the first estimate (ordered it in April, estimate was September and will get it in Nov). I was afraid I wouldn't get rid of my old car in time so I sold it in August and for actually a pretty good price (dealer offered me half the money for it). So after a week or so, I made an inquiry to the local dealer and learned I have to be without any wheels for 2.5 months or so. Actually kind of my fault for taking their estimate seriously :)

Since I was a bit angry and disappointed and my new car will arrive practically in winter, when I also need winter tires, I decided to ask them for a set of winter tires for free. For what they made a special offer for JUST me! -40% from the sales price.

1. the tire size was wrong

2. it was still over the market price

So that kind of carelessness and incompetence made me more angry:)

I asked them then to just switch the tires. Told them to keep my 17" summer tires and give me proper 17" winter tires. They offered me 300€ (262.75£) for my 17" brand new summer tires, and then I still would have to pay ~400€ extra for the Bridgestone Noranza 2 Evo tires ( over the market price at the moment). Kind of a lousy offer too imo.

Then I was just tired and had an headache and decided to buy the tires myself- 16" steel wheels and 16" tires (who needs 17" winter tires anyways:) ) and asked them just to change the tires for free and give me a replacement car for 1 weekend. They agreed to that :) I think I could have gotten a replacement car for a longer period but, now I save at least some gas money:P

I had my SR180 from new (4 door built in Burnaston) and it was fitted as standard Dunlop SP01 225/45/R17 run flats. Had a puncture and that is also the same tyre my Toyota dealer had in stock (and they were the cheapest).

Does anyone know the correct tyre pressures for an SR180. I dont think my local garage tyre inflator is working properly. Car is not handling right.

I had my SR180 from new (4 door built in Burnaston) and it was fitted as standard Dunlop SP01 225/45/R17 run flats. Had a puncture and that is also the same tyre my Toyota dealer had in stock (and they were the cheapest).

Does anyone know the correct tyre pressures for an SR180. I dont think my local garage tyre inflator is working properly. Car is not handling right.

I use mine with 290/260 kPa (front/rear). The plate suggests 260/220 kPa for lower speeds, but the car handles much better with higher values.

Are you sure they are runflats?

I had these on my SR180 too and hated them. Poor grip and terrible road noise, but they did last a long time.

Yes they are run flats. I spoke with the tech guy and he said that,

1) They only put run flats in to save money as the car was so expensive to produce and no spare was needed for run flats.

2) Try not to use the repair liquid supplied by Toyota as it makes a right mess when you take the tyre off.

If you buy the tyres off the internet make sure you choose the run flat version. The SP01 comes in both run flat and non run flat version

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links