Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drink Driving Limit

Steve

In your opinion do you think the Drink Driving Limit be “zero” ? You see these idiots on TV pissed up and driving, they need to bring more powers and get these assholes off the streets and locked up for a few months!

• 1 month later...

Zero = no. Lower = yes.

At the moment the limit is 35 mg in 100 ml of breath, but no action is taken until 40?? Erm, the limit shud be the limit.

Enough publicity has been given to the perils of drink driving, it should be zero, there is no excuse. However, there are some that say that using a mobile or texting are worse but the penalties are not as severe... Lighting a cigarette, changing a cd, tuning the radio, all are distracting, but alcohol impairs the abilities as has been proven.

Zero is the magic number, too many morons think they can drive better with a few beers in them.

Also any drug / drink abuse should incur a ban and their car should be crushed :thumbsup:

Rant Over :shutit:

• Like 1

Zero is the magic number, too many morons think they can drive better with a few beers in them.

Also any drug / drink abuse should incur a ban and their car should be crushed :thumbsup:

Rant Over :!Removed!:

Of course it should be ZERO. Even one drink could impair some people.

Rant Over :!Removed!:

Not a rant, actually quite sensible, to include uninsured drivers too please!

The 'unit' threshold is not commonly understood, but ZERO is simple enough for everyone to understand.

Too many people risk it because they feel ok and think that they must be under the limit, forgetting that alcohol impairs your ability to make a sensible judgement and increases your confidence. Why else would you steal a traffic cone and wear it when your drunk, but not have the courage to do it when your sober?!

No it shouldn't be Zero. To get a true zero reading I think you can't have had a drink in 24 hours (or some other long time)

Most people at the current limit will be fine, those that are over it anyway would still have been over it if was lower or zero...

-and there are certianly people on the road that are still worse drivers than someone that is over the limit but still under control.

Drink driving isn't just about drinking and then jumping into a car.

It covers the morning after, and if makes people more responsible about how much they drink before driving the next day, then its a good thing.

No it shouldn't be Zero. To get a true zero reading I think you can't have had a drink in 24 hours (or some other long time)

Most people at the current limit will be fine, those that are over it anyway would still have been over it if was lower or zero...

-and there are certianly people on the road that are still worse drivers than someone that is over the limit but still under control.

Isn't there a formula somewhere that tells roughly how long each unit takes to leave an average body ?

Yes it will vary a little from person to person, but airline pilots have a limit of some sort before they can fly after a drink...

I know that, drinking very little, one glass of wine for me makes me fall over, whereas some other guy of the same build etc may have 2 glasses same size before he is over the limit. This is the problem, it varies so much. IMO the only safe way is to have a zero limit.

• Like 1

Isn't there a formula somewhere that tells roughly how long each unit takes to leave an average body ?

Quote.

One unit of alcohol takes approx. one hour to go from your body AFTER you stop drinking.

And how long does it take to soak in?

Yes it will vary a little from person to person, but airline pilots have a limit of some sort before they can fly after a drink...

I know that, drinking very little, one glass of wine for me makes me fall over, whereas some other guy of the same build etc may have 2 glasses same size before he is over the limit. This is the problem, it varies so much. IMO the only safe way is to have a zero limit.

Are you using one of those glasses that holds a bottle full,Tone? :D :D

As mentioned,the people who now drink and drive will carry on doing so as the morons don't or are mentally incapable, of seeing the reason for the limit on their drinking whilst driving

There is no hard and fast method of determining if one should stop drinking,sooner or later,as so many factors can effect the outcome of a test.

I now have to avoid alcohol due to medication,so a zero limit would not bother me,but I used to enjoy A glass of wine with a meal and think it would be a shame to deny people who use their common sense.

After every purge at Christmas,local to me,they test hundreds of motorists but only a small percentage prove positive ergo,most people do not believe in drink driving.

As for the TV coverage,if they did not show the extreme end of the problem it would not be sensation-able enough to interest the viewer and get the message across.

I guess what,in a nutshell,I am trying say is there is no way,I really believe,a zero limit will not alter things on this front

Del

Why don't we ban drinking and smoking altogether! They should be punishable by death! BWHA!

Lol.... Del, nope, normal size glass, but medication doesn't help!

True, morons don't believe, or won't believe, the facts.

Alcohol starts to impair the sensations as soon as the first drop hits the blooedstream.

Some people are more affected than others, where should the line be drawn?

I'm a 100% non alcohol drinking guy, I don't even like the taste of it. Also at work doing breakdowns and crash recovery (and doing it as a teen at my dads garage) has allowed me to see the horrors of drink driving. I'm not a kill joy and understand that people do like to have a drink or two, and going to the pub is there way of being social, but I think even with a lower limit or a zero limit it still won't stop the genuine hardcore drink drivers from breaking the law. I think better policing and allowing the Crown / Police to be able to police it better would make sense.

All to often I see or hear of banned drink drivers driving around in there cars :crybaby: not sure what can be done, but with the Police force facing more budget cuts, well I can only see it getting worse. I think they should bring back the scheme they had a few years back, if you reported someone for drink driving and they got convicted you got £1000.00 :thumbsup: That was really popular ;)

Here's a thought for the zero-level people, what about alcohol that's used in cooking, or those that use Listerine in the morning...?

Here's a thought for the zero-level people, what about alcohol that's used in cooking, or those that use Listerine in the morning...?

When you cook the alcohol is burned off, Still worried then change your mouth wash... Simples :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links