Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New D-4D Yaris Owner (55 Plate)

edtwozeronine

In my manual it says it comes on in blue if the engine coolant temperature is too low and red if it is too high. However, mine is glowing green??? What does this mean? It seems to go off after a bit of a drive, say a mile or so. I thought it was an oil light at first so checked the level and it's 50/50 between the dots, so that's ok. Any ideas anyone?

Green = cold engine. Hence the reason why it disappears after a short drive (except in winter - expect several miles to warm up).

Green = cold engine. Hence the reason why it disappears after a short drive (except in winter - expect several miles to warm up).

Thanks, that's put my mind at rest. Doing an oil change soon, will be using 5W 30 after searching the forums here, the manual seems to state several possibilities, and Halfords code system offered up 10W 40 (for petrol engines???) Will be swapping that I think...

I use 5-30 in my Yaris diesel.

Welcome to the forum btw..

I use 5-30 in my Yaris diesel.

Welcome to the forum btw..

Thanks again, I just need to find out a service interval now cos the manual doesn't state one. Used to do it every 10K on the old car, are you meant to do it more often with diesels?

My Mark 1 Diesel is every 10k miles...Dunno about Mark 2 sorry..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links