Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Is My Engine?

Bobbin

I have a 1990 n/a GT TBar and when I bought it it was said to have a 3sge engine! I'm not sure what engine is in it, can I find out? It's fine and runs very smooth, lovely sound with a K&N Induction Kit all through the revs, just would be nice to know if he was telling fibs when I got it!

Cheers. :D

You would know if it was a turbo.....so thats ouit of the window....

It could be the 3SFE coupe - does it have a rear wing? If not then bad luck mate, you've been fiddled.....

Tiz prob a 3sge but take a pic and post it im sure the guys will be able to tell you what it is.

have you looked over the top of the engine for a sticker?

If you have the service book for it, your engine no is on the inside cover.

It should start with 3SG :thumbsup:

I would add a picture............how do I get an image from my desktop onto this link?

upload to a webpage and post the link you can do this easy and free with geocities in yahoo.co.uk (I did)

Sorry I don't have a manual with it, and it does have a rear spoiler. I have pictures of the car but can't get them off my desktop to this ! :ffs:

That all seems like a chore! Can't I attach the files somehow? :thumbsup:

Don't want to have to sign up to anything or create any accounts, must be an easier way?

Send me the pic - damiencgreen@hotmail.com. I'll place it on my webspace and link it from there. :thumbsup:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

damiencgreen@hotmail.com

:ffs:

That's odd. Ok, you will have to PM me and i'll give you my other address. i don't want to put it out on the forum as it's just asking for tons of junk mail!! I won't be able to post the piccy until Monday evening since I'm away from home at the moment.

The 3sfe didn't come with the Tbar option, unless some sorry asinine person decided to fit one later??? So the chances are its a 3sge.

Retro fitting a t-bar is impossible (well, outside the realms of all but the most accomplished bodyshop and would cost far more than it is worth.). If that's the case, you're probably 99.99% safe in assuming its got a 3S-GE.

I would have thought it'd have a sticker on the engine bay...

although you could check your V5 - Logbook and it gives you the engine number so you should be able to tell what model it is...

Rash.

Or you could take down the chasis number and ask Toyota to look it up for you. This may only work with UK cars, but worth a try, since some of the numbers designate model etc.

Right, Colin has sent me his pictures, so here they are.....

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

Colin, sorry I had to resize them a bit, and I blotted out your Reg no at the same time! I can tell you now that you definately have the 3S-GE :).

Just like to point out that if it is a 1990 car, which it looks like then its had a newer engine dropped in at some point as thats the 93+ style one isn't it, or am i just being thick...... I wouldn't complain if it were me, just hope its been wired up correctly!!!

Matt.

This is what your engine should look like...

dscf0076.jpg

And this is the later style one that we put in it,

dscf0086.jpg

Which you can see is the same as the one you've go all be it painted....

If you get a chance get the codes off your ECU it will be interesting to see if they swapped that over....

M.

Guy's your all !Removed! helpfull, thanks :thumbsup:

So it looks like I have had a new engine in it then, godd old boy who sold it to me, he didn.t look like he was lying! :!Removed!:

How do I get the codes from the ECU then? :eek:

There should be a sticker on the front of the ecu, just write down any of the number codes on it and post them..... leave the rest to me.

Dont MR2's have a VIN plate like every other car on earth? This will tell you Car code, chassis number, engine no., even the paint shade.

Also looks exactly like my 3sFE!!

That’s what I was going to say but I wanted to look in my engine bay and take a photo to compare l8r

:huh:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links