Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just How Secure Is The Toc Website ?

balli hi

As i entered my username and password to log in today, a warning message flashed up stating that "The website Toyota owners club is insecure" there were 3 boxes at the base of the message giving me options of logging in anyway i,e Do Not Submit, Submit Anyway, I trust This Site do not remind me again, just wondering if anyone else has received this warning message when logging in today, here is the warning message in full :

"Warning, the website Toyota Owners Club.com is insecure, any information you enter into this page will be submitted without encryption and is susceptible to interception.

To protect your privacy and security it is recommended to avoid entering sensitive information into unsafe pages".

Also my question is, intercepted by who ? admin , moderators, merely asking the question you understand, only yesterday when i was posting on my "council claim to have not received my representations" thread, i noticed that a number of these smileys B) were added and appeared when i posted, the odd thing was that they were not placed there by me, so who did place them in my post ?.

:oops: I'm afraid that I didn't notice, when logging on :no:

I'm somewhat careless! Unless it was in Major case & red, I'd probably just say "More Bumph" & ignore.

It probably just means that TOC are covering their asses & the site isn't as secure as a Bank one would be :unsure:

:oops: I'm afraid that I didn't notice, when logging on :no:

I'm somewhat careless! Unless it was in Major case & red, I'd probably just say "More Bumph" & ignore.

It probably just means that TOC are covering their asses & the site isn't as secure as a Bank one would be :unsure:

You couldn't miss the message Vic, it took up the center of the screen and i could not log in unless i selected Submit Anyway , i have logged off and back on again 3 times now just to see if the message keeps reappearing and it has every time.

I'd like an answer from Admin or a Mod all the same :thumbsup:

As said someone added a number of smileys to my post yesterday which appeared when i pressed SEND and i did wonder how they got there.....answers please

I got the exact same message when trying to log into my Virginmedia account the other day. I suspect it is a fault with a security setting that windows is trying to read. I bet it is only with internet explorer too, my hunch is if you log in with Firefox or Chrome it wont happen

Kingo :thumbsup:

I got the exact same message when trying to log into my Virginmedia account the other day. I suspect it is a fault with a security setting that windows is trying to read. I bet it is only with internet explorer too, my hunch is if you log in with Firefox or Chrome it wont happen

Nope, it has happened :lol: i only log in with chrome these days :thumbsup:

EDIT

Well i have just tried logging in with Firefox and Internet explorer and the message has flashed up with these as well, the trouble is the page gets locked until i select one of the options .

Sounds to me like there is a virus around.... I'm on a PC today, not my normal I-pad and had no problems logging in at all... using ie8 with normal add-ins....

Tone

My laptop had a dose of 'not responding' today- internet and microsoft word had the problem. I waited for ages for it to sort itself out but it didn't.Tried shut it down but it wouldn't let me. Eventually it gave in but was then stuck on'logging off' for an hour. I didn't get any strange message on TOC as I don't need to log in, I ticked the box to stay logged in when I first joined. Today I had a few pages open at the same time,TOC,facebook and Yahoo mail. I was on the yahoo mail page when the 'not responding' happened so I blamed yahoo mail for my problems today as it happened before on that site. As far as how secure is the TOC site, I have an extra security tool from the ulster bank and it has a green tick in the address box for TOC. Maybe someone on here knows about computers can tell us.

There is nothing more secure than the Toyota network I can tell you! I have had nothing display on my network PC, I would say though the the internet in general is very slow today. I can connect to 3 different networks at work and they are all VERY slow

I don't know how true it is but our telephone/network engineers tell me that no matter who your broadband/network is with, it will go through some BT kit at some stage, and if BT is running slow, then everybody slows down

I use IE9 and have had no warning messages, My Anti virus software and firewall have not reported any issues.

Hmmm, just logged in for the first time today using Google Chrome and the Warning message did not reappear :thumbsup:

This is a common issue but it isnt your browser thats the problem.

Its caused by Trusteer Rapport which is most likely installed on your machine. Its used to secure comms with your online bank account.

If you uninstall it you'll notice the issue goes away.

But this isnt to say the tool is reporting wrong.... unfortunatly i dont think the security of this forum is as tight as it could be.... i remember that it has been compromised in the past...

So most important thing to remember is keep any important information off this forum. Also dont use the same password for the forum as you use for your email/bank ;)

The forum is tighter than what is used to be when it got comprimised. But thats due to software security. Since then the software goes through many more security audits before released to the public.

As it is only a forum and not a bank then it's as secure as any other club on the net, and anything can be comprimised.

As leeky says.. always have different password levels for forums, web stuff and what you use for banking or even email for that matter!

This is a common issue but it isnt your browser thats the problem.

Its caused by Trusteer Rapport which is most likely installed on your machine. Its used to secure comms with your online bank account.

If you uninstall it you'll notice the issue goes away.

But this isnt to say the tool is reporting wrong.... unfortunatly i dont think the security of this forum is as tight as it could be.... i remember that it has been compromised in the past...

So most important thing to remember is keep any important information off this forum. Also dont use the same password for the forum as you use for your email/bank ;)

My bank uses Trusteer Rapport but I still can't duplicate the warning :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links