Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Engine Temperature Sensor

aygo mad

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where this is situated please, as we have the cursed engine management light problem. Strangely it illuminates randomly but when it does it is at about the same point in the regular journey, at around operating temperature being reached. Which makes me believe that perhaps this is the problem. My code reader is telling me that the fault is p0420, i reset the fault when it appears and that is how i know when the light appears.

Any help would be great,

Thanks.

Hi, P0420 is a code relating to a partially blocked catalytic converter not a temperature sensor. ( P0420 catalyst efficiency below threshold bank 1)

Hi, P0420 is a code relating to a partially blocked catalytic converter not a temperature sensor. ( P0420 catalyst efficiency below threshold bank 1)

Hi,

So what you are saying is that a cat cleaner or additive may do something combined with a good run at 70 mph say or high revs?

Regards,

Andy.

What sort of driving do you do in you car...motorway or city driving ?

What sort of driving do you do in you car...motorway or city driving ?

Hi,

We have had the car a few months now, up until now it has not been used much just around town. Now the car is doing around 40 miles a day on a major A road. The Aygo is petrol and has covered around 28,000 miles on an 06 plate, we believe that the car did stand a while before we bought it and that it was not used much. Thanks for your help,

Andy.

Looks like this fault code has its own web page...

http://www.p0420.com/

Seems its not an open and shut case, as any blockage in the exhaust system could cause the engine management light to come up. one thing that springs to mind ,has the rear exhaust box started to break up inside ,causing a semi-blockage, does the car have a damaged cat, maybe the oxygen sensor playing up or it could need an engine service (maybe just a set of plugs ).

Now i'm not sugesting you do as i say but if i was in your shoes, i would fit the cheapest of the possible parts first, set of plugs, then the oxygen sensor.

....OR don't spend a penny and take it for a long motorway run over the weekend.

Looks like this fault code has its own web page...

http://www.p0420.com/

Seems its not an open and shut case, as any blockage in the exhaust system could cause the engine management light to come up. one thing that springs to mind ,has the rear exhaust box started to break up inside ,causing a semi-blockage, does the car have a damaged cat, maybe the oxygen sensor playing up or it could need an engine service (maybe just a set of plugs ).

Now i'm not sugesting you do as i say but if i was in your shoes, i would fit the cheapest of the possible parts first, set of plugs, then the oxygen sensor.

....OR don't spend a penny and take it for a long motorway run over the weekend.

Hi,

Changed air filter, plugs and oil and still getting same result. I agree that this car needs a long run with cat additive and will advise my daughter. I have checked for exhaust leaks and cant find one but CAT could be breaking up!. Where is the oxygen sensor?

Many thanks,

Andy.

oxygen sensor will be screwed into the exhaust manifold or downpipe, if you could get it off, you could give it a clean.

oxygen sensor will be screwed into the exhaust manifold or downpipe, if you could get it off, you could give it a clean.

Hi,

That will be the plan then clean the bottom sensor and add cat clean. We will then hopefully soon be able to give it a good run.

Thanks. Will post results and hopefully they will be good.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links