Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Can I Verify Year Of Manufacture?

js77

Hi all

Just changed my avensis to a newr model and bought a 2.2 t4 d-4d 5dr hatchback first reg Dec 2007.

Got docs from LV insurance as TR so asked them to change to T4. They say no T4 for 2007 must be 2006 and sent new doc stating 2006 Avensis 2.2 t4 D-4D.

How can I verify the actual year of manufacture. Surely a first reg Dec 2007 could not be a 2006 made? or could it? :rolleyes:

Thank you

Jim

it will be contained in the vin number - but you will have to wait for Kingo to see this to get the full explanation unless you can find it on the web - unless of course some bright spark on here knows the translation!

The following link may help:

http://jalopnik.com/5165656/how-to-read-a-cars-vin

Good luck

:thumbsup:

Thanks J&t

I did try deciphering VIN however the 10th digit is supposed to denote the year and mine is a zero which apparently does not exist.

Confused

Jim

"If the car was built between 2001 and 2009, the digits 0-8 will appear here"

Guess your car is a 2001 then.

Gooli

I'm sorry, I dont get what you mean. I'm certain it's not 2001 though!

Jim

Edit

Ah-Got you now - you're quoting from the link above. But surely that should be 1-9 not 0-9?

Davey

I put the reg into DVLA and it says year of manufacture 2007 so I wonder why insurers think its a 2006.

If Kingo comes along my VIN number is SB1DA56L80E084654

JIm

Hi all

Just changed my avensis to a newr model and bought a 2.2 t4 d-4d 5dr hatchback first reg Dec 2007.

Got docs from LV insurance as TR so asked them to change to T4. They say no T4 for 2007 must be 2006 and sent new doc stating 2006 Avensis 2.2 t4 D-4D.

How can I verify the actual year of manufacture. Surely a first reg Dec 2007 could not be a 2006 made? or could it? :rolleyes:

Thank you

Jim

I guess there is T4 for 2007 and onward. The only difference is T-spirit of MK2 avensis is replace as TR in MK3 series. Speak to LV insurance get your things sorted, as in case of any accident, 2006 car will be valued less then 2007 car.

Best of luck.

Davey

I put the reg into DVLA and it says year of manufacture 2007 so I wonder why insurers think its a 2006.

If Kingo comes along my VIN number is SB1DA56L80E084654

JIm

The DVLA gives the year of registration, which may or may not be the year of manufacture. Ie a car built in september 2009 may not be sold until january 2010 and the DVLA will have it down as 2010, not 2009. The VIN is the only way to get the actual date of birth!

Ps.... Seem to remember Kingo saying he was away? This week or next, not sure.

I would ask the insurance company for an email address, then scan or take a photo of the Log book and send it to them.

They can't tell you the car details are incorrect if it registered with DVLA with those details.

Thanks for replies.

Tony - A registration search on DVLA gives Date of first reg as 07 12 2007 and year of manufacture 2007.

Daveyotm - I am going to send a copy of the DVLA reg search to insurers and I will include a photocopy of Log Book.

Sam29 - I agree with what you say and I have spoken to three different people at LV. Gonna put it in writing now as stated above.

The problem may seem trivial but from experience, once something is in print and not rectified it can cause problems later.

Thanks again

Jim

When i put your VIN in www.toyodiy.com it returned this:

Market Year Make Model Frame

Europe 11/2007 TOYOTA AVENSIS ADT251

Another russion site that I'm using gave this info:

VIN/VDS SB1DA56L8 E084654

Catalog Code 273550

Model Name 01.2003 - 11.2008 AVENSIS

Production Date November 2007

Model(Frame No) ADT251R-ALFEYW ( ADT251-E084654 )

As you can see Production Date is 11.2007 for both of them.

You could try the local Toyota garage. I'm sure that they will give you the production date without any fees or problems.

Hi baba_metca

Thank you very much for taking the time to do that. Great information and more ammo to get LV to change year from 2006 to 2007.

I phoned local Mr T and await a reply.

Cheers

Jim

No Problem.

Please tell us, what Mr T said, so that we can compare the data, those sites have and Mr T's.

Update

I spoke to DVLA and they told me that there was no indication whatsoever that this car is 2006. After further phone calls to LV with no success I wrote to Customer Services today.

I enclosed:

copy of V5

printout from DVLA website showing car manufactured 2007

Experian search from dealer stating year of manufacture 2007

Letter from Toyota (GB) stating production date 27 November 2007

Any bets on the reply I'll get from LV?

Baba_metca I'm pleased to say Toyota GB agree with your production date :thumbsup:

Cheers

Jim

Hi all

Thank you

Jim

Hello Jim,

in regards to all of this and your insurance problem, the answer is simple, just get a quote direct from TOYOTA MOTOR INSURANCE as I did, TEL 0800 350 500...... they were cheaper than LV anyway for a better policy!:thumbsup:

Both our cars are insured with Toyota. :yes:.

Regards and good luck Pete.

Stuff LV - try your luck with somebody else!

Been looking into that, Duffryn. But no doubt cancelling will be costly. Still looking though.

Cheers

Jim

Sure enough :ffs: :help:

Reply today and LV not budging in spite of all the above info.

Advised me to go through complaints procedure. Is it worth the bother, though?

Interesting find. Went to go compare and others and if I put in car details does not come back with mine. I mean 2007 diesel 2.2 does not bring up a T4 option just T3, TR, T180 etc - NO T4 - Strange.

So does anyone have a 2007 2.2 D4D T4 5dr Hatchback with correct details on their insurance policy? I think I'll as the question on a new thread.

Cheers

Jim

Hi all

Thank you

Jim

Hello Jim,

in regards to all of this and your insurance problem, the answer is simple, just get a quote direct from TOYOTA MOTOR INSURANCE as I did, TEL 0800 350 500...... they were cheaper than LV anyway for a better policy!:thumbsup:

Both our cars are insured with Toyota. :yes:.

Regards and good luck Pete.

T-spirit... My experience was exactly the opposite, LV beat Toyota by nearly 50 quid for the Prius and by 25 for the Aygo...

Same cover !

Interesting find. Went to go compare and others and if I put in car details does not come back with mine. I mean 2007 diesel 2.2 does not bring up a T4 option just T3, TR, T180 etc - NO T4 - Strange.

So does anyone have a 2007 2.2 D4D T4 5dr Hatchback with correct details on their insurance policy? I think I'll as the question on a new thread.

Cheers

Jim

That's worrying, if none of the insurers have it on their books, maybe someone at Mr T' forgot to tell the insurers!

Thanks for replies.

Just tried MoneySupermarket - same thing. Only TR and T180 for 2007 2.2 diesel as LV said.

Will try a quote from Mr T.

Jim

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links