Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi Newbie From Australia Ma61

ART Racing

Hi, have joined your UK based site as my car originally came from England My name is John, and I own one of the Hughes of Beaconsfield MA61s which were used for Group A touring car racing in the 80's, mine was Win Percy's car from late 1983 and early 1984. Because it was built in England it is mechanically quite different from the cars in Australia which only got 5ME engines, and many of the race parts were built in England - gearbox is a Quaife W50, brake system was built by Gartrac, brakes are AP, suspension was built by Leda originally, computer was built by GEMS and much of the engine work was done by Arden Conversions. So the car still has quite an afinity with the UK and I still need to get lots of parts from you guys over there. Also hard to keep a race 5MGE going so am willing to listen to anyone who has some good experience.

Regards, John

Toowoomba, Australia

post-113525-0-12345200-1318144832_thumb.

HI John and welcome to TOC. sounds a very soecial motor you have.

Hello John and welcome to TOC UK

I remember watching Win Percy in the British Touring Cars many years ago and recollect my (now ex) wife being quite shocked when he called her "Mate" during a pit walkabout at Snetterton circuit

Of course the Aussie thought it quite normal form of address, but the ex was quite offended! :yahoo:

Hello John, great car, welcome to the TOC :thumbsup:

Would love to see some more photos :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links