Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav Trouble

woolyback

hi all, another newbie here. i've had the pleasure of owning a t-spirit tourer for last 15 months and have now got my first problem.

i've got the standard TNS700/B9010 touch screen satnav unit. recently the "OPEN" button decided not to work. the tilt mechanism works fine so the motor is ok.i took it to well established audio centre in warrington who whipped it out and said that micro switch probably goosed and sent it off. repair centre have returned it as unrepairable because a new switch is not available to buy individually, whole facia is required at uneconomical expense! they admit to not trying to fix the existing switch- as they couldnt give a warranty, but they dont recommend that i try fixing it myself either! once in its full tilt position the screen can be pulled down to its fully open position by hand, but i still cant eject the cd or dvd as the open button sends signal to the unit to allow this!

has anyone else had this problem or know of anyone who could fix it?

HELP!!

Great forum by the way! :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

i also have the same problem on my avensis screen will tilt ,but not open and cannot eject cd or sat nav disc .i ve not tried to have it repaired proberly to expensive

• 1 year later...

the same thing has happened to me - don't know what to do for the best, anyone any ideas?

• 3 months later...

This has just happened to mine, worked fine the other day when I didn't want to play a CD !!

Now won't open at all, tilts fine though :mad2:

• 2 months later...

Hi folks.

Did anyone get sorted with this. Having the same problem myself.

• 7 years later...

I have the same problem on a T180 I have just bought, I did find a work around on YouTube. Not ideal and a bit of a faff, but it does work.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links