Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Emissions

Greatdaddy Dan

Celica on a M reg 1995 Jap import.

Can anybody tell me the write answer. My exhurst is decated for its MOT does it need the cat on. People are saying yes because its in the UK. Others say no cause of the age and as its a Jap import

Thanks Dan

No its doesnt. As long as your car was manufacturered before Sept 1995 (dont quote me on this date as im not 100% sure) then you can legally pass an emissions test without a cat.

Mine is a sept 94 so i just take it anywhere and mention that it needs an MOT without a cat test as its pre 1995 and has no UK equivalent.

The UK GT4's has less power, tuned for 95ron fuel and have exhaust gas recirculation valves. The Japanese cars run a 100ron map, no EGR and thus produce more power and higher emissions - so there is no identical UK equiv model, so an Import car cant be expected to meet the same emissions levels.

So when they go through their Electronic MOT system it gives them the option of selecting a pre sept 95 import car with no uk equiv. Once they've selected that it gives them the option of performing a non-cat emissions test.

Mine passes this way every time :) I've even sold my cat as i'll never need it ever again!

No its doesnt. As long as your car was manufacturered before Sept 1995 (dont quote me on this date as im not 100% sure) then you can legally pass an emissions test without a cat.

Mine is a sept 94 so i just take it anywhere and mention that it needs an MOT without a cat test as its pre 1995 and has no UK equivalent.

The UK GT4's has less power, tuned for 95ron fuel and have exhaust gas recirculation valves. The Japanese cars run a 100ron map, no EGR and thus produce more power and higher emissions - so there is no identical UK equiv model, so an Import car cant be expected to meet the same emissions levels.

So when they go through their Electronic MOT system it gives them the option of selecting a pre sept 95 import car with no uk equiv. Once they've selected that it gives them the option of performing a non-cat emissions test.

Mine passes this way every time :) I've even sold my cat as i'll never need it ever again!

Ok thanks very much Leeky. My car getting fixed at the mo cause a R reg fiesta crashed into me ggggrrrrrrrr Woman drivers. Aint had the car long either. New bonnet, bumper, Radiator, Air Con, Wing, Headlight, Slam pannel and fog lights. Fed up of drivin my 1.8 Zafira lol Hope Paint work matches up identical like it did before which was perfect.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links