Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

"travelers Site"

liam6200

according to the news "travelers" have rights, hmmmm they dont pay tax of any sort, rip people off and knick anything they can, so no they dont have rights!!! police using too much force???? not enough in my eyes, i know all travelers arnt like them in dale farm but all them in dale farm seem like this

according to the news "travelers" have rights, hmmmm they dont pay tax of any sort, rip people off and knick anything they can, so no they dont have rights!!! police using too much force???? not enough in my eyes, i know all travelers arnt like them in dale farm but all them in dale farm seem like this

Two ways of answering this Liam.

First, don't comment about something you live nowhere near.

Second, I agree wholeheartedly :thumbsup:

I live just down the road from the 'travellers' site, there is no way that our council could afford to lose this case, otherwise all of us living legally in Basildon would have applied for any sort of planning permission and the council would have been unable to refuse!

This has cost us a small fortune that us council tax payers will have to find.

What puzzles me is why the police have never stopped them for driving untaxed, and presumably uninsured new large vehicles... Can a vehicle owned by someone who has no permanent address (ie a traveller) be taxed? Where do the documents get sent to?

Does anyone else see the irony in a load of travelers fighting to stay in one place?

My heart goes out to any one living near a place like this, I can remember 10/12 years ago they tried to move in near to where we live but thankfully they got the short shift sometimes you would wonder what side the law is on.

And as for the police being heavy handed :thumbsup: but mark my words wait to you see the claims that go against the police and you have to pay for :huh:

Does anyone else see the irony in a load of travelers fighting to stay in one place?

I was thinking that, it's only that the benefits office is close to home....

Got to sympathise with the travellers at Dale Farm.

I too have a lifestyle choice that attracts persecution from the government

I have a job

Two ways of answering this Liam.

First, don't comment about something you live nowhere near.

Second, I agree wholeheartedly :thumbsup:

I live just down the road from the 'travellers' site, there is no way that our council could afford to lose this case, otherwise all of us living legally in Basildon would have applied for any sort of planning permission and the council would have been unable to refuse!

This has cost us a small fortune that us council tax payers will have to find.

What puzzles me is why the police have never stopped them for driving untaxed, and presumably uninsured new large vehicles... Can a vehicle owned by someone who has no permanent address (ie a traveller) be taxed? Where do the documents get sent to?

sorry just annoys me that they where on the tv shouting about there rights that they dont have and where working and paying taxes and so, agree with the vehicle part too, i think the police have gave up on stopping them because they know they cant give them points because they probably dont have liscences and theyl never pay the fine and if they seize the vehicle they will just get another one so think its like chasing a rainbow for the police, theyl never get to the end of it

I too have a lifestyle choice that attracts persecution from the government, I have a job

That is SO true.. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links