Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Winter Is Coming Fast.

Mistermena

Hi boys and girls :thumbsup:

I'm after a set of winter tyres for my T-180 and my VW Polo. My Avensis has 215/50 R17 91W size tyres that are proving difficult to find. I've been looking at the Goodyear UltraGrip 7+ or the Continental ContiWinterContact TS 830 P ... Or is there other brands that others have used with good results?

Wheres the cheapest place to look for the tyres? Blackcircle. mytyres ect? Or is there other sites I could try?

Cheers :thumbsup:

A site you could try is Tesco tyres. Yes Tesco really does tyres! They seem to have a contract with Blackcircles. They quoted me £296.12 for a set of Yokohoma Winter Drive. I didn't get them as I got a cheaper quote from Mr T for £248.40.

A site you could try is Tesco tyres. Yes Tesco really does tyres! They seem to have a contract with Blackcircles. They quoted me £296.12 for a set of Yokohoma Winter Drive. I didn't get them as I got a cheaper quote from Mr T for £248.40.

Hi Lorna,

Now that is something I didn't know about Tescos! The late Lord Cohen would be please to see that they've got into tyres. I never thought about the main dealer for tyres. I'll give them a ring on Monday to see what they can do for me.

many thanks :thumbsup:

I was surprised too when I heard Tesco sells tyres. Here's the link for Tesco tyres http://www.tesco-tyres.com/

They do pvc windows too :eek: - honestly. And they have a website for used cars :eek:

I was surprised too when I heard Tesco sells tyres. Here's the link for Tesco tyres http://www.tesco-tyres.com/

They do pvc windows too :eek: - honestly. And they have a website for used cars :eek:

Fliping heck! They do windows as well?!! They're like Mc Donalds! Those guys get everywhere! :blink: Many thanks for the link to the site. I've always wondered how I can put links to other websites. Maybe someone will teach me how to do it with all the eBay finds I find. :thumbsup:

also if you looking at other brands

look at nokian (very good), goodrich more road noise but good priced tyre - i use these

Nice one. I'll take a search for those brands online now. :thumbsup:

try toyota sometimes they do good deals..

I did try Toyota - thats where Im getting my tyres. Toyota was cheaper than Tesco :D . I just looked up the tesco price out of curiosity.

I wouldn't trust any of those 'tyre fitter places' after a bad experience with one before.

Nokian is very big in Norway and places where they get proper snow and they dont grit the roads!

http://www.bfgoodrich.co.uk/bfgoodrichuk/AfficheServlet?Rubrique=20071212174618&Langue=EN&season=W&sw=215&ar=50&seat=17

Have you looked at your local german tyre places.

Sometimes they have good branded tyres that are half worn at fraction of cost...

I did try Toyota - thats where Im getting my tyres. Toyota was cheaper than Tesco :D . I just looked up the tesco price out of curiosity.

I wouldn't trust any of those 'tyre fitter places' after a bad experience with one before.

Toyota sometimes do very good prices on tyres, oil, and batteries.

The biggest thing with dealer part is, you might have paid alittle over the odds but its the quality that you cant beat.

Fliping heck! They do windows as well?!! They're like Mc Donalds! Those guys get everywhere! :blink: Many thanks for the link to the site. I've always wondered how I can put links to other websites. Maybe someone will teach me how to do it with all the eBay finds I find. :thumbsup:

To insert a link all you have to do is copy or cut the address from the web address bar,then past it onto your TOC post. Or type in the full address and the computer 'knows' and turns it into a link for you. Don't know if theres a fancy way that everyone else uses but it does the job for me. :)

The biggest thing with dealer part is, you might have paid alittle over the odds but its the quality that you cant beat.

I've noticed that the dealer had the best deal on coolant. Nice link to the tyre site. cheers for that :thumbsup:

To insert a link all you have to do is copy or cut the address from the web address bar,then past it onto your TOC post. Or type in the full address and the computer 'knows' and turns it into a link for you. Don't know if theres a fancy way that everyone else uses but it does the job for me. :)

I've always wondered how people do those links to sites. thats brill thanks you, I'll give it a go :thumbsup:

I've noticed that the dealer had the best deal on coolant. Nice link to the tyre site. cheers for that :thumbsup:

Coolant must be of good quality.

I only use toyota red coolant as it is of high quality.

every couple of years, drain and fill. This sometimes isnt needed, you just inspect it.

I always get anything my car needs from the dealer,and take it there for servicing too. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my car.

(The tyre from the 'tyre fitters' was a once off and an emergency, if I'm stuck again I will put on my spare tyre until I get to Mr T )

I would never touch aftermarket parts, I only would use genuine parts as you get what you pay for. I just go to the dealership for any work,as I trust them, I don't know/care if they charge more than other places near me- if I want the job done right, there is no other choice. Anything I got off them so far seemed a good price

I agree when it comes to parts. I always go for genuine Toyota parts. I just dont trust aftermark parts. Engine oils is another matter mind!

I'm after a set of winter tyres for my T-180 and my VW Polo. My Avensis has 215/50 R17 91W size tyres that are proving difficult to find. I've been looking at the Goodyear UltraGrip 7+ or the Continental ContiWinterContact TS 830 P ... Or is there other brands that others have used with good results?

Wheres the cheapest place to look for the tyres? Blackcircle. mytyres ect? Or is there other sites I could try?

Kwik fit are doing offers on tyres.had a pair fitted after buying on line,and had no problems.took just the wheels in for fitting.

Kwik fit are doing offers on tyres.had a pair fitted after buying on line,and had no problems.took just the wheels in for fitting.

I think I'll be taking my wheels off when I get my tyres to mate. I've seen how some of these garages jack up the car. One guy years ago jacked the front of my car up on the sump of the engine! :ffs:

Hi top tip for winter tyres look at tyreshopper.co.uk for talon triangle tr 968 what a feantastic tyre i bought a pair of second hand alloys for my 2008 2.2 avensis and fitted these ready for winter 2 years ago. these give phenominal grip in snow and ice, for example i travelled to manchester airport over the a57 snake pass from sheffield when the road was officially closed due to snow no problem even passed a land rover disco which was stuck all for just over 100 quid fitted, bear in mind i am a tight fisted taxi driver these kept me working when most taxi drivers went home. good luck. :thumbsup:

Hi top tip for winter tyres look at tyreshopper.co.uk for talon triangle tr 968 what a feantastic tyre i bought a pair of second hand alloys for my 2008 2.2 avensis and fitted these ready for winter 2 years ago. these give phenominal grip in snow and ice, for example i travelled to manchester airport over the a57 snake pass from sheffield when the road was officially closed due to snow no problem even passed a land rover disco which was stuck all for just over 100 quid fitted, bear in mind i am a tight fisted taxi driver these kept me working when most taxi drivers went home. good luck. :thumbsup:

Nice one mate. thanks for the tip. I've driven over the Snake pass with me brother-in-law who lives in Rotherham. Now that was one mad winter. I've just managed to find the tyres that I want off the cheapest site I could find for Continental Winter Contact TS830P (Multi winner test tyres 215/50/R17 XL) the site is called... Love tyres.com Very good deal at £559.48. Just also bought some Goodyear Ultragrip 8 for my VW Polo (185/60 R14) and a full set was £236.72 which is a great deal. :thumbsup:

Nice one mate. thanks for the tip. I've driven over the Snake pass with me brother-in-law who lives in Rotherham. Now that was one mad winter. I've just managed to find the tyres that I want off the cheapest site I could find for Continental Winter Contact TS830P (Multi winner test tyres 215/50/R17 XL) the site is called... Love tyres.com Very good deal at £559.48. Just also bought some Goodyear Ultragrip 8 for my VW Polo (185/60 R14) and a full set was £236.72 which is a great deal. :thumbsup:

I am going to try these snow sock things this winter on the Avensis Verso to see if they actually work rather than getting winter tyres but if this winter is anything like the last two then I'll need 4x4 and a snow plough to get anywhere.

I have winter tyres in stock (most of the range) Click on the link in my signature below, they are selling like hot cakes, the 12,000 stock I can call on has dwindled considerably and not a flake of snow here yet

Kingo :thumbsup:

Sorry, not been on for a while so only just stubled upon this.

Last year I bought a complete set of winter wheels from mytyres.co.uk for my 2009 T4 Tourer.

I paid about £100 for each complete wheel (steel wheel with Nangkang SV-1 tyre.)

I got them mainly because of my travels to Germany, where winter tyres are a legal requirement.

I was a little concerned that the cheapers tyres (due to cost!) wouldn't have performed well in the winter, but I shouldn't have worried!

The weather was clear through Europe until we hit the Locken Pass in the German Apls. The snow was hammering down and you couldn't see the road.

I have to say the car didn't miss a beat. Even thougn it's an auto it made brilliant progress through the snow with the winter tyres on. I dread to think what would've happend if I'd had my summer Bridgestones on. We would have been well and truely stuck, not to mention on the wrong side of the law!

I'm planning on swapping back to my winter wheels in the next couple of weeks and looking forward to a winter free of hassles due to the weather, here and in Europe.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links