Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice On 1.33 Yaris Service Intervals

Melker

Hi,

Wonder if you could help us with some advice on Yaris service intervals.

We bought an ex demo Yaris 1.33 TR last November 2010 that was first registered March 2010. It had only done 2500 miles but the dealer insisted they would give it the first service and stamped the service book accordingly ( even though it was not due until march 2011) and told us given my wife's low mileage in it we would have no service costs until March 2012 when it would be due it's 24 month or 20k service. The dealer rang up today to book it in for it's 20k/24 month service, I questioned why when the car is little over 18 months old and now has 5,800 miles on it was it due now. Was told Toyota specify the next service is 12 months after the previous one if the 10k miles hasn't been done, not based on the cars age. Does this seem correct?

Thanks

Yes, that's correct. You normally service on mileage, but if that mileage is not achieved, time (ie 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever occurs first) In hindsight they should probably have not serviced the car before they sold you it, but unfortunately they did!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links