Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Foot Room

Hugo D'Aygo

Anyone else have a problem with catching their feet on the transmission tunnel whilst changing gear?

......or is it just me? :help:

Hugo D'Aygo

I've never got my feet caught on anything...I'm only 5'7"

My wife doesn't like the little bump by the accelerator though. I don't think I noticed it until she pointed it out though!

Anyone else have a problem with catching their feet on the transmission tunnel whilst changing gear?

......or is it just me? :help:

Hugo D'Aygo

I have done that too, but only when wearing shoes that are a touch long and pointed!

David

Yes ! The trim on the side of the transmission tunnel isn't actually fastened on it's lower edge, and bulges out slightly towards the pedals. I find the welt on my left shoe can catch underneath it when lifting off the clutch. Maybe it's just my wide feet, or perhaps my style of shoe (probably wouldn't happen with trainers !) - but you sure do feel silly when it happens.

Yes ! The trim on the side of the transmission tunnel isn't actually fastened on it's lower edge, and bulges out slightly towards the pedals. I find the welt on my left shoe can catch underneath it when lifting off the clutch. Maybe it's just my wide feet, or perhaps my style of shoe (probably wouldn't happen with trainers !) - but you sure do feel silly when it happens.

I've just spent £10,000 on my new Aygo, so there ain't no money left to get my feet shortened or narrowed.

I just have to be prepared to say 'Sorry' when I bump the car in front, then I'll point to my shoes and say 'Can't do nothing else with these size feet in an Aygo!'

I wonder if that would go down well?

Hugo D'Aygo

I've just spent £10,000 on my new Aygo, so there ain't no money left to get my feet shortened or narrowed.

I just have to be prepared to say 'Sorry' when I bump the car in front, then I'll point to my shoes and say 'Can't do nothing else with these size feet in an Aygo!'

I wonder if that would go down well?

Hugo D'Aygo

Did you not have a test drive in the Aygo before you paid £10000 for it.........Just to make sure that you fitted it?

Did you not have a test drive in the Aygo before you paid £10000 for it.........Just to make sure that you fitted it?

I didn't bother with a test drive!

I had driven one before though without a salesperson chattering away which I think is far better....

Didn't catch my shoe that time.

I don't think it is much of a problem as it is some way from the clutch pedal.

David

SNAP!

You and me both!

Lets get a petition going.

Hugo D'Aygo

I thought i was the only one that had this problem, i normally only notice it in shoes and my work boots occasionally, its a minor bug bear and im sure toyota/citreon/pug could have used the extra 5p it would have taken them to add an extra screw... i wont lose any sleep over it tho, but know what you mean :thumbsup:

Dave, how are you getting 61.6 mpg you must have the lightest right foot ever!!! ;) ;) ;)

Dave, how are you getting 61.6 mpg you must have the lightest right foot ever!!! ;) ;) ;)

I think my mpg will be nearer the 50 mpg soon as I am now driving it more enthusiastically! It is a great little car for nipping around in - as long as I don't have too many long, steep hills to climb :yahoo:

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links