Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica 190 Performance Parts

Celicandy

Hi, I'm new to Toyota. I've 2001 Celica 190, looking for few performance parts, need some guides :yes:

Bought a set of 17" Team Dynamics Cyclone with Falken ZE912 tyres

Looking at Black Diamond Combi front discs and pads

Maybe BMC carbon CDA

What about exhaust? I couldn't found anything of cat-back or sport cat for my car, any advise? :help:

Andy

There are plenty of aftermarket cat-back systems you can buy. It totally depends on how loud you want it. Personally I rate the Blueflame cat-back exhaust as it's not loud cruising, but does have a nice groan when giving the beans.

Things to do are (in order):

Performance Panel filter - these are better than induction kits (unless you want the noise), as they do not suffer the same levels of heat soak

Lower it - the 190 GT springs are the best unless you can afford coilovers

Strut braces - will help improve the already very good handling

Brakes - you are already doing this, but look into braided lines & upgrading to 5.1 dot fluid - though a front BBK kit is brilliant

Geo check - get a FULL 4 wheel alignment done (toe, camber, caster)

Tyres - get some decent rubber on

Stage 2 Cams - fit Stage 2 cams as this help smooth out lift and give better torque delivery lower down

Exhaust - as suggested

Then if you want more power (and have deep pockets) -

Supercharge!!

(You can turbo, but there are no off the shelf kits for RHD cars)

Thanks for the info mate

No, I won't go that far as I don't have deep pocket lol, but it still a very good car to drive in standard form :)

But, how to release the brake fluid so that I can fill it with fresh 5.1? :huh:

The best way would be to use a bleeding tool. I got a mechanic to do mine. You can't mix a dot 4 with 5.1, so you'll have the empty the whole system first I would have thought, then use a bleeding kit (that sucks or blows) the fluid through.

The best way would be to use a bleeding tool. I got a mechanic to do mine. You can't mix a dot 4 with 5.1, so you'll have the empty the whole system first I would have thought, then use a bleeding kit (that sucks or blows) the fluid through.

That's what I want to know about how to release the old fluid :huh:

Drain from the caliper bleed screws I would have thought.

Cheers, will give it a trythumbsup.gif

Another question is about the standard headlights, are they the projector type which can be mate with HID kit?

You can fit HID's and many do. If you want HID's then you will need to get the holders (on eBay).

Oh, didn't know the celica need the bulb holder....

I also have Astra and the HID just fitted directly

If you want a hassle fitment and the beams to stay as they should then get the holders. You don't have to have them, but if you don't you'll be constantly fiddling with them as the headlight clip doesn't hold the HID bulb as well as a normal bulb.

My have gone down the no holder route, only to end up buying them followed by - "Why didn't I just get them from the start!".

If you want a hassle fitment and the beams to stay as they should then get the holders. You don't have to have them, but if you don't you'll be constantly fiddling with them as the headlight clip doesn't hold the HID bulb as well as a normal bulb.

My have gone down the no holder route, only to end up buying them followed by - "Why didn't I just get them from the start!".

biggrin.gif I'll get a pair then as they're not expensive

I'm also thinking to change all bulbs to LEDs

I've seen somewhere talk about the standard air box can be modify to make it less restrictive, is that true?

Basically you remove the butterfly valve box. Best advice is to leave it alone. I've done this myself as have others and generally everybody reverts back to the airbox as it is.

If you remove the vac hose, you get some 'induction kit roar' with no bogging. You can remove the butterfly comepletely but can then suffer bogging but have plenty of roar. Or leave it as is and have the better performance.

The thing to know is, that the Celica as it, is pretty much been designed & tuned as best as it can be as standard.

You can change to LED's, but don't forget resistors for the indicators. I wouldn't suggest you get LED rear/brake lights, as its possible that it will cause you ABS system to stop working, due to them keeping the brake switch open. I know because it happened to me.

My best advice for you would be to get on Celica Club for ideas on what to do with your car. Especially speak to Se7en Motorsports for performance/handling ideas.

Basically you remove the butterfly valve box. Best advice is to leave it alone. I've done this myself as have others and generally everybody reverts back to the airbox as it is.

If you remove the vac hose, you get some 'induction kit roar' with no bogging. You can remove the butterfly comepletely but can then suffer bogging but have plenty of roar. Or leave it as is and have the better performance.

The thing to know is, that the Celica as it, is pretty much been designed & tuned as best as it can be as standard.

You can change to LED's, but don't forget resistors for the indicators. I wouldn't suggest you get LED rear/brake lights, as its possible that it will cause you ABS system to stop working, due to them keeping the brake switch open. I know because it happened to me.

My best advice for you would be to get on Celica Club for ideas on what to do with your car. Especially speak to Se7en Motorsports for performance/handling ideas.

Thanks a lot mate, your infos are very usefulthumbsup.gif

Everything I've mentioned above are only the ideal of what I will, or consider to do. Now I know what I should/can dolaugh.gif

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links