Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cool

Hi. Can anyone enlighten me :help: as to why our (59 plate) iQ's coolant warning light stays on until the engine has warmed up? The coolant level is fine, although I did need to top it up a little bit, it is just above the Max mark. I don't know if this is a feature of the iQ or if something is wrong with a sensor somewhere. Originally I just thought it was the car saying it was cool, something I know already. :toast:

By the way, I don't know who Dave/David is in Essex, but you are a genius when it comes to changing electrics/bulbs and so on. Nice one. Like reading about your 'projects.' Especially changing LEDs and so on to blue. Much prefer that colour, like they have in the VW's. :thumbsup:

If you mean the green coolant light, yes, it comes on when the coolant is below a certain temperature. The idea is it replaces the temperature gauge that a lot of older cars have on them. Some newer cars will still have temperature gauges though. Personally I prefer the old analogue temp gauge over the newer "idiot light" as they have been called.

If you mean the green coolant light, yes, it comes on when the coolant is below a certain temperature. The idea is it replaces the temperature gauge that a lot of older cars have on them. Some newer cars will still have temperature gauges though. Personally I prefer the old analogue temp gauge over the newer "idiot light" as they have been called.

At least you get some warning with a gauge I think she's gonna blow captain lol

David

Dont forget as the mornings get colder it will take longer to warm up. ;)

Fish

:thumbsup:

Thanks all for clearing that one up. Glad my suspi.. supicio... thoughts were right on that one. I did wonder if it was something to do with the car's temperature (as in what you said about the digital version of the old analogue type- I prefer that too), but wasn't sure. I used to be inde... indisisi.. not sure any more. That's another one filed away in the 'good stuff to know about the car,' section in my head.

Hi. Can anyone enlighten me :help: as to why our (59 plate) iQ's coolant warning light stays on until the engine has warmed up? The coolant level is fine, although I did need to top it up a little bit, it is just above the Max mark. I don't know if this is a feature of the iQ or if something is wrong with a sensor somewhere. Originally I just thought it was the car saying it was cool, something I know already. :toast:

By the way, I don't know who Dave/David is in Essex, but you are a genius when it comes to changing electrics/bulbs and so on. Nice one. Like reading about your 'projects.' Especially changing LEDs and so on to blue. Much prefer that colour, like they have in the VW's. :thumbsup:

My "cool" light goes off at about 50 C and the running temperature once warmed up is a constant 85 C, plus or minus 1 or 2 degrees.(Monitored using a permanently fitted Scangauge).

My first IQ's coolant level was "below the line" when I bought it new, but it never changed from there.The dealer didn't top it up either at the services.

Hope you topped up with the correct coolant/antfreeze.

You checked what was required?

Do not over fill, it will set its own level again.

Looks like cold down south for some tomorrow & then up north on Friday.

george

Yes, thanks George, I checked that I bought/used the correct coolant (I checked the manual). I have always been careful with buying the right stuff for all my cars over the years, even if it was more expensive than alternatives. Like the Cavalier 2000 GSi I had for eight years, always the best synthetic oil and original parts -were mostly not too expensive anyway. That was the first two year old car I bought, my great iQ is the latest and, I have to say, -don't know if this has anything to do with my age or not- I prefer it to the Cavalier, and I can say in all honesty, it was a fantastic car. I once had 140mph out of it -that was the highest speed it would show on the speedo. I'm not saying where that was either!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links