Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Window Tinting Advice For My Nrg

tisme!

Hi, I bought my first Rav 4 a few weeks ago and am loving the drive. I have tried and failed to find a parcel shelf for it as it is a 3 door so I am thinking of tinting the rear and rear side windows. It'll be for security reasons to be able to leave things in the boot so I would want them to be as dark as possible but still be able to see out.

Does anyone have any advice on the best kit to buy and what shade of tint or if you are able to buy it pre cut? I only seemed to be able to find pre cut stuff for the 5 door.

Hi, I bought my first Rav 4 a few weeks ago and am loving the drive. I have tried and failed to find a parcel shelf for it as it is a 3 door so I am thinking of tinting the rear and rear side windows. It'll be for security reasons to be able to leave things in the boot so I would want them to be as dark as possible but still be able to see out.

Does anyone have any advice on the best kit to buy and what shade of tint or if you are able to buy it pre cut? I only seemed to be able to find pre cut stuff for the 5 door.

Tisyou indeed Anna! Welcome to the club :thumbsup:

I have no idea about pre-cut tint kits for your car but there is a lot of good advice HERE

[Taken from the Technical hints and tips at top of forum page]

I'm sure a member managed to source a parcel shelf for their 3 door recently but can't remember who or where they got it from [possibly another member?]

Enjoy your RAV :thumbsup:

Tisyou indeed Anna! Welcome to the club :thumbsup:

I have no idea about pre-cut tint kits for your car but there is a lot of good advice HERE

[Taken from the Technical hints and tips at top of forum page]

I'm sure a member managed to source a parcel shelf for their 3 door recently but can't remember who or where they got it from [possibly another member?]

Enjoy your RAV :thumbsup:

Cool thanks for that I'll have a look. Still new to this site and finding my way around!

take it to a tint shop trust me ive had many a giggle at a customers car who have tryd and failed to tint his/her windows correctly....

dark smoke is dark enough matey dur to the rav being dark colours inside

I agree take it to a Pro.. Please do not think tinting windows will help as anti theft though !! Thieves will see it and it can encourage them to put an LED torch up against the glass to see through .. Then is shadows appear indicating property on board they will break the glass and take Your kit and be gone in a flash..

My Daughters car has been broken into three times now in so called secure parking in central Birmingham.............

Welcome to the Forum !!........................... :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links