Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D4D Powerloss And Black Smoke

Scotsman

dunno about you guys but it seems Shell garages which don't sell much v-power or v-power diesel charge extortionate rates for it? the Shell i fill up from had diesel on at 139.9 per litre yet i paid 150.9 per litre for the v-power diesel?!

dunno about you guys but it seems shell garages which don't sell much v-power or v-power diesel charge extortionate rates for it? the shell i fill up from had diesel on at 139.9 per litre yet i paid 150.9 per litre for the v-power diesel?!

I paid £1.44 the last time I was in Brum for V-Power

dunno about you guys but it seems shell garages which don't sell much v-power or v-power diesel charge extortionate rates for it? the shell i fill up from had diesel on at 139.9 per litre yet i paid 150.9 per litre for the v-power diesel?!

was that any time recently or a while ago?

was that any time recently or a while ago?

That was about a month ago. Will prob be about the £1.46 mark about now. Its £1.38 for normal derv in Cardiff atm

That was about a month ago. Will prob be about the £1.46 mark about now. Its £1.38 for normal derv in Cardiff atm

Same here in the N/E

Well - the mechanic wobbled a bit on the diagnostic of MAF. While he says he is 80% certain a new MAF would fix the problem he couldn't guarantee it.

Its recently cost me £700 mainly on wear and tear items and I can't keep throwing money at it so I'm trading it in as a car with a unconfirmed MAF fault.

• Like 1

Not German also not Diesel.

I've gone for a Honda Civic 1.8 I-VTEC.

I told the dealer about the intermittent power-loss the corolla was suffering from. I also disconnected the MAF and cable tied it out the way so that a concious decision to cut the ties and reconnect the MAF is required. Finally I put a sticker on the air box saying intermittent power loss when MAF is connected.

Hopefully it'll go to a trader who puts it right or to the breakers who reclaims all the new part I've just put onto it.

That must be very annoying & painfull on the wallet ! :crybaby:

Totally.

I really liked driving the Corolla so I'm a bit upset to see it go. The wallet will be smarting for a while. The car I had previous was a 1 year old Nissan Almera and I hated it. I kept it for a year and when trading it in as a two year old I had 1.5K negative equity which the Corolla then had to bear. I really needed to get another year out of it which is why I put £800 into it three months ago.

That was my limit - I couldn't get into chasing this problem down. It had the same symptoms it had three years ago which a new maf fixed but my mechanic said he could only be 80% sure it would fix the problem.

Lets hope you have a good spell of troublefree motoring in 2012 :thumbsup:

Lets hope you have a good spell of troublefree motoring in 2012 :thumbsup:

Many thanks dervdave. I'll miss the Toyota but I must admit I'm really liking the civic in the short time I've had it.

I'll miss the Toyota but I must admit I'm really liking the civic in the short time I've had it.

They are good motors, I think you`ve definately made the right move to the petrol Civic :yes:

personally i'd have gone down the golf tdi route but best of luck with the new motor, hope it gives you years of trouble free motoring!

• 3 years later...

HI

I have a 2006 2.2 d4d Avensis, I am experiencing similar issue. Black smoke and very hesitant acceleration and when in higher gear no acceleration. I have always used Tesco fuel but then filled up with Shell then went back to Tesco and started to experience this. There was a lot of deposit in the EGR Valve and a lot probably fell into the manifold when i cleaned it up. Improved slightly but issue remains. Any guidance will be appreciated.

Regards

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links