Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Renewing High Pressure Fuel Pipes On A D4D 4.2?

Sensei

The thread title pretty much says it. The Haynes manual recommends the high pressure fuel inlet pipe and injector pipes to be replaced at 90 000 miles. Is there any good reason why this should be done? :unsure:

If it ain't broke dont fix it mate! I've not heard of this and the Haynes goes over the top on replacing bits

I had issues with my High Pressure Fuel Pump a couple of years ago... right pain it was... But also after that was corrected then has fuel flow issues.. so they replaced all the fuel lines due to air leaks and blockage... (FOC) this corrected the problem...

So as above if it aint broke don't fix it... Do Haynes also say replace the DMF at 60K or below as they normally go around then... but Toyota are aware of this one... LOL

The thread title pretty much says it. The Haynes manual recommends the high pressure fuel inlet pipe and injector pipes to be replaced at 90 000 miles. Is there any good reason why this should be done? :unsure:

hi mate

it is FALSE and normally all pipes in question are died with engine subject to they have not bee manually damaged or driver has not clean them from a rust time to time. The other matter -- if you allowed someone else to perform a surgeon job such us adjusting/injectors changing or so -- and those one has assembled pipes incorrectly (not on an axis) then the pipes join surfaces might be damaged. But pipes are not a spark plugs to be changed by 90k. DO not believe it. Cheers/Igor

On older type diesels it was recommended to renew injector pipes as the tended to crack or break. Many had long pipe runs which caused vibration leading to stress fractures. With high pressure diesels and fuel rails the length of pipes have been reduced considerably plus they are made to an entirely different specification and material.

On older engines the pipes were relatively cheap but modern plumbing is quite expensive and are a use once only component.

I think the Haynes manual is relying on historic information and maybe playing safe in their recommendations.

Got to agree with JB there.

I used to carry a full set of injector pipes in the lorry,and they got used.

Del

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links