Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Let Me In On The Secrets!

celicagen7trd

Whatsupp gents,

Bought my first Celica 1.8 vvti 140 bhp pre face-lift, 80.000 miles, Never thought about checking forums to find out about little probs like my newly found oil burning issue, lol, never mind, ever since blowing up my mini marcos engine (mini cooper 1275gt) I realised that checking oil and not waiting on the little red light coming on is a neccessity. llf!

So anyway caught it on the minimum so no probs there! since buying the mini beast only done a few mods such as stainless cat-back which I had custom made, (was expecting a little roar but bugger me its loud! but sounds ace!) (had to drive through the tunnel in my city a few times to decide if I liked it! hehe!) 17" Enzos, Induction kit and just got a set of Eibach lowering springs through the post last week so thats the next lil mod.

Anyway my question is to all those founding fathers or Guru´s, what else can I do to improve performance without remorgaging for a piggyback ecu or turbo kit from turbokits.com(£3995.00) Yeah right!, is there any other relatively cheapish ways of unleashing a few more horsies?

was lookin at those eBay mod chips that you get for about £15-30, however was advised to avoid them like the plague so now i´m stumped!

dont really wanna start changing cam shafts and so on if its gonna cost a fortune? anyone done it and how much??? anyone got advice on these eBay chips? or in general anybody found out any other tricks of the trade to get more power?

Also contacted a few places here in Tayside about remapping but they all said they didnt have the software or it couldn´t be done??? humphh.

Also was looking at getting a short shift kit from eBay but contemplating as the stock shaft thats on it has a slight bend to the left to keep it in the centre of the console and all of the ones I have seen are straight??? confused.com??? Have they designed the short shift kits with this in mind and therefore made the adjustments elsewhere to justify the straight up rod with no bend?

Any help would be much appreciated lads as I´m a nubie to toyotas??

many thanks in advance.

Hi DDgen7 welcome to the Club. Try putting your question on the Celica forum for advice.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links