Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

18s Again

paseoGT4

I havnt lowered my seo, will 18s go on, how much rubage will be there be, tyres will be 215 35 18s. is there an easy fix without rolling the arches

Would have thought rolling the arches would be the only option. <_<

Also without lowering it might look a bit 4x4? :unsure:

Oli has 18's on his.

i wouldnt fit 18s and not lower! not on any car it would just look daft!

all the work that comes with it is worth it in the end mate

Also without lowering it might look a bit 4x4? :unsure:

I agree, someone came to get some bits for his Mazda 323F at work the other day. It had some nice 17's on and wasn't lowered, it looked terrible ;)

you would really need to lower the car especially on 18s. Ive got 17s on mine and am lowering it within the next week or so but even i not only notice the hight difference but the performance difference especially corner roll.

If you can afford 18s go for it but you would need to roll arches and get it lowered.

Olis is on hydros so thats even more expensive!!!! But looks the nuts.

problem is my side skirts are really close to the ground and I have alreasy damaged them 3 times, from going over raised man hole covers, the skirts sit about 3 inches off the ground, lowering it will make it stacks worse. had planned for hydros but dont wanna spend loads more on the car bcos I wanna change it next year

what profile tyres do you have now?

if you upgrade to 17s and say use 215/45/17s, then you should have a bigger overall diameter then what you have now. lowering the car then to make the wheels fill the arches will only bring the sideskirts down a fraction, or maybe even bring them back to the height of clearance they have now....

BTW, i have no idea if that tyre size is popualr or not, or even if they exist, im just assuming that it does.

• 1 month later...

helo guys....need some help plss..!!!

this week im gonna put 17"'s on my seo with Bridgestone tyres 40/205 . Should I need to alterate the arches.???

Thanks..!!!

ive got 17s which are 205/40 17R and these went straight on with no rubbing and no archwork needed. Looks a whole lot better too!!! :thumbsup:

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 40 mm drop with 17 wich is fine, but im gunna go for a 100 mm drop on some new wheels, but im doing it on adjustables so i can just have it that low for shows, my friend Oli has his paseo on 18's and hydros and he can lowere it to about an inch off the ground maybe evan lower, but he has taken the inner arch out of the front and had the rear arches cut back and on the drivers side the arch has a small kink in it where the body joins the bumper which he has had to grind away, but with a bit of work you can slam you paseo on the deck on 18's :thumbsup: but why stop at 18's why not 19's? :drool:

money is a problem. 18's will do me then i can get it to sit low. 19's would be nice tho. can i ask what adjustables are you going for and where are you getting them from as i don't know any where at the moment that deals with paseo stuff, i am going to try and get my work to find some stuff for me.

Where do you work? im getting mine with work to from a US supplier.

i work at a place in worcester in the midlands. its called temple laugherne motorsport, i am also a rolling road engineer.

very cool, i think you might have trouble finding any bits for the paseo. I have spax springs on mine at the moment, wich is a 40mm drop, but its just not low enough, well it is for day to day driving, but i want it to be super low when i want it to be. I think that starlet suspention would fit the paseo tho

where is the best places to go for the paseo stuff. i think mine is lowerede 40mm any way and i want to fit 18's will have to see what she looks like and take it from there.

For side skirts you are either looking to import from Xracing in Oz or a custom job mate. The sides that will be on mine eventualy will be custom.

had a look at that site i love the side for mine as mine is a 96 model but i want to know would i be able to fit the front from the mark one paseo and not look bad,

yeah corse, a good body shop can make any thing fit, the silver paseo from malta has the gen 1 fron fitted to it, and i think it looks pretty cool, but then are you sure you want to do it as its already been done.

yeah as it looks good and there ain't any paseo round here anyway. i will have a go at fitting it my self as i work at a tuning shop. can not be to much difference.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links