Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.0 And 2.2 D4D Head Gasket Failure

T5NELtim

Guys,

Whilst I am relatively new to this forum and not likey to be affected (owning a 1.8 petrol). I have noticed a steady stream of posts from existing members and new members alike describing their experience of this frequently occuring failure.

In order to try and make sure that we are on the same page I was wondering if we should try and pull together to make, and keep up to date, a 'sticky' thread that contains the bet current advice on what to do if you think your car is suffering from this problem. If you think this is a good idea AND have had the HG issue please post away

Many of the other threads end up quite chatty but in this case I think it would be useful if we could link to the latest available TSB on the issue and possibly some of the great technical explanations/pics from the likes of ormi. The other posts that would be really useful would be details of users who HAVE HAD this issue and would include the following. I have put examples in...

-------------------------------------------

Symptoms/Diagnosis:

Heater not working well, garage confirmed HG failure via sniff test

Car model history (at time of failure):

2007 2.2 T180 tourer 90,000miles FSH

What was fix:

3/4 engine replacement FOC

Who did work:

Mr Happy Toyota franchise, Toytown

-------------------------------------------

If you are unfortunate enough to have had 2 failures and be on 3rd engine then I guess put in two posts...

Hopefully we can educate and help eachother out here especially if, as seems to be the case, dealers are becoming more reluctant to remedy this FOC with engine replacement

Tim

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links