Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Diesel 2Ad Engine - Doom And Gloom

crustyclam

A1/B1-04 or CCMC G5/PD2 – it also meets all the requirements of ACEA A3/B3-04 with the

exception of the HTHS / shear stability viscosity.

An A1/B1 oil cannot meet A3/B3 specs as well.... as The sulpher has been removed from the A1/B1 to save the trees!!!!!

But they get round the legal side of it by stating "with the exception of the HTHS / shear stability viscosity." this means the sulpher has been removed which is an antiwear agent and protects your engines piston rings and other bits and bobs.

So basically as I read it, its the same oil but without antishear A.K.A. antiwear properties "VW TDi Pump Duze engine"

Toyota Genuine Motor Oil Fuel Economy SAE 5W-30 surpasses the following international

petrol and diesel engine oil performance standards and approvals:

- Certified against ACEA A1/B1-04

- The oil has the performance level of ACEA A3/B3-04 ******And look how this is worded Has the performance level of a A3/B3......But does it have the antiwear/protection of a A3/B3 oil***

- Meets the API SL/Energy Conserving

This has got wrong oil in engine problems written all over it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie that Castrol Magnatec is it the 5w/30 A1 that meets ford spec one? Its got a big A1 on the front?

Jedi, if you are going to quote a post, DO IT PROPERLY and don't be selective to suit your own purposes!

What I said was:

From Spec Sheet ...

Toyota Genuine Motor Oil Fuel Economy SAE 5W-30 is suitable for petrol and diesel

engines, both turbocharged and naturally aspirated, requiring an SAE 5W-30, API SL, ACEA

A1/B1-04 or CCMC G5/PD2 – it also meets all the requirements of ACEA A3/B3-04 with the

Toyota Genuine Motor Oil Fuel Economy SAE 5W-30 surpasses the following international

- The oil has the performance level of ACEA A3/B3-04

:clown:

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jedi134

• CharlieFarlie

• crustyclam

• Mistermena

And........................................................................................????

what I quoted is all that was relevant!! Dont worry Hoovie what you posted readers will see in previous posts,

But if you what to bring Toyota into it??????????

An A1/B1 oil cannot meet A3/B3 specs as well.... as The sulpher has been removed from the A1/B1 to save the trees!!!!!

But they get round the legal side of it by stating "with the exception of the HTHS / shear stability viscosity." this means the sulpher has been removed which is an antiwear agent and protects your engines piston rings and other bits and bobs.

So basically as I read it, its the same oil but without antishear A.K.A. antiwear properties "VW TDi Pump Duze engine"

- The oil has the performance level of ACEA A3/B3-04 ******And look how this is worded Has the performance level of a A3/B3......But does it have the antiwear/protection of a A3/B3 oil***

Charlie that Castrol Magnatec is it the 5w/30 A1 that meets ford spec one? Its got a big A1 on the front?

Errrrrr Yeh it is the one with the Ford logo on the container... I told all this to Toyota and they say its fine,, It is also the one I asked about here on Forum and again was told it was fine.............

This Morris's 5W/30 has done 1100 miles;

IMG_0533-1.jpg

Looking at that just reinforces that I have problems with the engine in My car.......

Out of interest, Don, I just looked at my oil, as we have the same engine block (I think) and my oil is supposedly 1,600 miles old.

Mine is a LOT darker then yours (yours looks unused!)

no idea what Oil I have in the car and I am basing my 1,600 miles on the garage carrying out a full service the morning I bought the car (maybe I should have checked the dipstick on the day I picked the RAV up??)

As you all know I cannot enter into a technical argument, however Charlie, yours is a brand new engine, parts are meshing together and bedding in, years ago remember you used to change oil on a new car at 1000mls for that very reason and in my humble opinion your oil should be darker than Anchs, mine is also darker although so far it has not used any, so i would not worry, Again I drive a cab with 250,000 miles on it, and it has had whatever oil the various garages have in when its serviced (every 10,000 miles or so, and it does not use any oil between services..Stew

Theres about a half dozen mobil 1 5w 30 oils which one are they using.

The cheapest one most probably...

But I bet 100% they dont know..........

And it will, belive it or not vary between dealerships with what they use....

What are the various Mobil 1 5/30 Oils?

According to the Mobil 1 Website, there is ONE Mobil 1 5/30 Oil - where can I find a list of the others?

From their list ....

• Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5W-30
  • Mobil 1 ESP 0W-30
  • Mobil 1 New Life 0W-40
  • Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel 0W-40
  • Mobil 1 0W-20
  • Mobil 1 Extended Life 10W-60
  • Mobil 1 Fuel Economy 0W-30
  • Mobil 1 ESP 0W-40 - dexos2™ licensed engine oil

Errrrrr Yeh it is the one with the Ford logo on the container... I told all this to Toyota and they say its fine,, It is also the one I asked about here on Forum and again was told it was fine.............

Hmmmmmmmmm! the plot thickens!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if you need a specific A3/B3 oil and not a "better than A3/B3 oil" all this marketing crap!!!!

we need anchs opinion here

Looks like wrong oil spec to me.............

I didnt notice either mate with the oil............ I think I said it was ok for your RAV, these 5w/30 oils are an absolute nightmare..............No doubt Toyota hav`nt noticed either?

"VW PD oil" written all over this thread

but more experienced views needed?

Local Hero:

what oil does you cab use?

Theres about a half dozen mobil 1 5w 30 oils which one are they using.

The cheapest one most probably...

But I bet 100% they dont know..........

And it will, belive it or not vary between dealerships with what they use....

What are the various Mobil 1 5/30 Oils?

According to the Mobil 1 Website, there is ONE Mobil 1 5/30 Oil - where can I find a list of the others?

From their list ....

• Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5W-30
  • Mobil 1 ESP 0W-30
  • Mobil 1 New Life 0W-40
  • Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel 0W-40
  • Mobil 1 0W-20
  • Mobil 1 Extended Life 10W-60
  • Mobil 1 Fuel Economy 0W-30
  • Mobil 1 ESP 0W-40 - dexos2™ licensed engine oil

He said 5w/30 oils pal!

And you agreed there were multiple ones with you comment, pal!!

Jedi (full of ****) expert it seems

Well there used to be....................seems these big oil comapanys are covering their bottoms quicker than lightning!!!!!!!

The power of a global company...............you need to work fast!!!!

Morris and comma will be next!!!!!

In all honesty i do not know what my cab uses, but recently we have had a few engine failures at about 110.000mls, the main agents said this was because we were using inferior oils and back street garages, then one of the salesmen, who works for the main agents and owns a cab (always serviced by them) had an engine failure and they had to eat a bit of humble pie, I will find out what my cab is supposed to use, but Hoovies right we use lots of garages, and each has 40gall drums of varying quality and thats what goes in. we honestly have early cabs that have done 500,000+ miles without any major problems..Stew

Oh and the new Mercedes vito taxi (euro5) and £43000 :eek: can go 22000 between oil changes

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it just gets better and better!!!!!!!!!

Local Hero it would be great if you can post what your dealer says, and whats in the handbook, and also old Taxis of same make and engines handbook info on oils..

Its not the back street garages that are at fault..................its what they are being told from higer up, ie the car manufacturers, who more than likey listen to the oil companys...................who want to save thier bacon.....because soon there will be no need for them.............. :chair:

I will get that info for you but TBH i am sure people on here get a bit peed off when i mention my Taxis as it is probably of no interest, I tried to find out the highest mileage on a cab, but came up with this and it is a Toyota so is more relevent;

"Last Saturday I got into a Private hire Taxi, an R regToyota Avensis, and it had 282000 on the clock, and not broke down the taxi man bragged"

I've spoken to my local Toyota contact today who read out a bulletin dated 31st January 2012.

He says that all "Toyota Optimal Drive" vehicles with the D-CAT engine (thats you Hoovie) should have PFE fully synthetic oil. They have now extended that as a recommendation for all pre- Optimal Drive (read that as pre-2009 150 engines) with a D-CAT engine are also recommended to have PFE oil and all FTV - none D-CAT of both pre and post Optimal Drive can use FE oil.

I don't think the T180s must have PFE but not sure until I read the bulletin which will be Thursday unless Kingo or one of the Toyota guys can show us beforehand.

Hoovie, you have the wrong oil in your engine. I'm sure it won't harm in the short term but in the long term they say it is more compaitble with your DPF.

I will get that info for you but TBH i am sure people on here get a bit peed off when i mention my Taxis as it is probably of no interest, I tried to find out the highest mileage on a cab, but came up with this and it is a Toyota so is more relevent;

"Last Saturday I got into a Private hire Taxi, an R regToyota Avensis, and it had 282000 on the clock, and not broke down the taxi man bragged"

Mate everyone its going to be using similar oils so just post what you know, dont be frighthened of what people say on here...*************its just the internet********.......................its all these snippets of info that people feed on, and then roll into one big cake...............

all info is welcome however poor you think it is.............I dont know what Im blabbing on half the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :help:

I've spoken to my local Toyota contact today who read out a bulletin dated 31st January 2012.

He says that all "Toyota Optimal Drive" vehicles with the D-CAT engine (thats you Hoovie) should have PFE fully synthetic oil. They have now extended that as a recommendation for all pre- Optimal Drive (read that as pre-2009 150 engines) with a D-CAT engine are also recommended to have PFE oil and all FTV - none D-CAT of both pre and post Optimal Drive can use FE oil.

I don't think the T180s must have PFE but not sure until I read the bulletin which will be Thursday unless Kingo or one of the Toyota guys can show us beforehand.

Hoovie, you have the wrong oil in your engine. I'm sure it won't harm in the short term but in the long term they say it is more compaitble with your DPF.

So what anchs is saying Non official like!!!!!!!!!!!

Your oil spec is wrong

Toyota want to keep this quite.......not their fault because of sneaky, pirate oil companys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So go for this PTE oil whatever this is

I have 100% faith in Anchs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! more than Toyota and the oil companys themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a big Thank you to Charlie for not being fightened of speaking the truth....however much you think its silly and daft to say so..........Its guys like you with you with your honest opinions that get to the bottom of problems like this......... its the things you think are trivial and silly that are a gold mine to people like Anchs!!!

Also Anchs.................A legend!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the Toyota world.......

No dealership can poo poo on Anchs Knowlegde!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2AD engine problems over and out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Toyota send me some ££££££££££££££££££££ :)

compaitble

Anybody else suffer with this? I often transpose 2 letters when I'm typing. Never when I write - only typing. I'm told it is dead common. I have to check that I haven't done it before posting and usually have. Its a kind of typing dyslexia

compaitble

Anybody else suffer with this? I often transpose 2 letters when I'm typing. Never when I write - only typing. I'm told it is dead common. I have to check that I haven't done it before posting and usually have. Its a kind of typing dyslexia

Sometimes do it - seems to depend on the particular keyboard with me :huh:

Right well enough of my problems and this doom and gloom thread needs cheering up. Listen to this poor chaps problems.........

How on earth do you do a youtube link???

What does PFE and FE stand for? Do different oil companies have a different acronym to mean PFE?

I think it would not hurt to do an early oil change for me. I am not worried about my engine but providing the best protection for the longest life seems a good plan :thumb:

So anyway, after about 200 replies I'm asking, what kind of oil can I put in my 2006 T180 2.2 D-CAT engine?

Thanks

Jozsef

As yet it Seems even Toyota don't know....but it is looking like this NEW TOYOTA SPEC PTE stuff.

No doubt has better anti wear properties. Ie more tree killing ingredients........The banned Sulfher, or some very pricey tree loving equivalent.

What does PFE and FE stand for? Do different oil companies have a different acronym to mean PFE?

I think it would not hurt to do an early oil change for me. I am not worried about my engine but providing the best protection for the longest life seems a good plan :thumb:

It was in Kingo's post;

08880-82710 5W30 Premium Fuel Efficient (PFE) TGMO 5

API CF; ACEA A5/B5 C2

08880-80845 5W30 Fuel Efficient (FE) TGMO 5 API SL ACEA A1/B1

I think that keyboard stuff is just excitment!

I type dysleix stuff all the time!

Even the spell checkers have no idea what I'm on about :-)

But all post are still legable!

Que spell checker???

compaitble

It's called Fat Finger Syndrome. I've suffered from it for years!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links