Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2000 1.8.se Central Locking Not Operating

jgek

Hi,newbie here and any advice would be greatly appreciated.Both of my keys are not operating the central locking.In the past this has been fixed by simply doing the re-syncronysing proceedure,but this is not working.Again.thank you in advance. John.

Hi John,

Does the alarm switch on and off when you use the remote keys?

If the lights flash and the alarm works then the dome fuse in the engine fuse box may be the cause. The dome fuse is rated at 7.5A and standing by the left wheel, it is the highest of the left most row of fuses.

The fuse is known to deteriate but not actually blow.

Give it a try.

Kon

Thank you Konrad for your reply.I have owned this car for 6 years and to my knowledge,it has never had an alarm(surely it does not have one, rather than it not been working all that time.How daft would i be if it has an alarm all this time and it was simply not working).

To Auris,thank you for advice and i will give that a try and let you know the results.

changed 7.5 fuse and cr1620 key fob batteries. no differance.process of elimantion is the way to go.any help? cheers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links