Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Tyres... Wow!

jdrrco

Yokohama UK website isn't very informative either but they do mention these

http://www2.yokohama...php?tyreID=1290

Looks like they could be new?

Thanks Al just had the Yokahama E70j's fitted they really transform the Prius much better then the Michelins :clap:

In what way ?

Thanks Al just had the Yokahama E70j's fitted they really transform the Prius much better then the Michelins :clap:

Which size (I guess 17 inch)? Quieter? Better grip?

Keep us updated with your mpgs :thumbsup:

Which size (I guess 17 inch)? Quieter? Better grip?

Keep us updated with your mpgs :thumbsup:

Hi Alan

The first thing I notice is how quiet they are compared to the Michelins. Also the steering feels more precise and going over humps in the road and potholes it seems to take the sting out of them more than the Michelins. Bearing in mind this time of year I only get approximately 47/48mpg (bearing in mind my air con is on 24/7) my average has just crept up to over 50 doing the same sort of driving. Overall I am surprised that a change of tyres can make this much of a difference. I will keep you posted as to the wear, I suspect it will not be as good as the Michelins but I will suffer that for the ride comfort.

Sorry Al they are 215/45 17 inch

Stompe :clap:

I did a bit of homework on the internet and discovered the Yokohama E501 dB, designed specifically for hybrids and decided to give them a whirl, so to speak.

Through Tesco tyres (via BlackCircles.com) I paid £490 for the four (plus £19.60 of Clubcard points) fitted at a local garage, which was about £80 more than for other LRR brands and I have now covered about 300 miles on them.

Fuel economy has always been impressive - it has now improved by about 10%.

I look forward to seeing how these perform over time. Do keep us updated.

What size are your tyres?

• 2 weeks later...

I did a bit of homework on the internet and discovered the Yokohama E501 dB, designed specifically for hybrids and decided to give them a whirl, so to speak.

Through Tesco tyres (via BlackCircles.com) I paid £490 for the four (plus £19.60 of Clubcard points) fitted at a local garage, which was about £80 more than for other LRR brands and I have now covered about 300 miles on them.

Fuel economy has always been impressive - it has now improved by about 10%.

I look forward to seeing how these perform over time. Do keep us updated.

What size are your tyres?

Thanks for your reply. Economy after 1,200 miles on the Yokohamas is up even more (+25%!) but this may be due to the warmer weather we've been enjoying.

Tyre size is standard Prius (Gen II) - 195/55 R16 87V.

I see from the Tesco site that the price has now increased to £140.11 a corner, but the 4x Clubcard points are still on offer (equivalent to £22.41).

Tyre size is standard Prius (Gen II) - 195/55 R16 87V.

I see from the Tesco site that the price has now increased to £140.11 a corner, but the 4x Clubcard points are still on offer (equivalent to £22.41).

Same price as black circles

http://www.blackcirc...6&tyre=22095042

Also, Stompe could not get these tyres for his gen3 because they are not available in the 17 inch gen3 size (215/45R17). The best match would be the E70...

http://www.blackcirc...6&tyre=27158982

Mystery solved :thumbsup:

Edit:

Just had a look for gen3 15 inch and Yokahama don't seem to have either the E501 or the E70 in that size (195/65R15). :(

Same price as black circles

http://www.blackcirc...6&tyre=22095042

Also, Stompe could not get these tyres for his gen3 because they are not available in the 17 inch gen3 size (215/45R17). The best match would be the E70...

http://www.blackcirc...6&tyre=27158982

Mystery solved :thumbsup:

Edit:

Just had a look for gen3 15 inch and Yokahama don't seem to have either the E501 or the E70 in that size (195/65R15). :(

As mentioned in my other posts, Tesco Tyres is BlackCircles but with Clubcard points thrown in, so effectively £22 cash-back.

I always get my tyres from etyres.com. They come to you, home or workplace.

Good prices and always on time.

Yokohama dB Super E-spec orange oil-infused tyre

"The eco-focused dB Super E-spec mixes sustainable orange oil and natural rubber to drastically cut the use of petroleum, without compromising performance," said Dan King, Yokohama vice president of sales. "It also helps consumers save money at the gas pump by improving fuel efficiency via a 20-percent reduction in rolling resistance. With these innovations, the dB Super E-spec could very well be the most technologically-advanced tire ever produced."

Also, Yokohama ADVAN dB is OE for Prius Alpha (Japan). ADVAN dB is not yet available in UK / Europe.

Latest update:

Trip from Monmouthshire to Dorset and back on Tuesday. 336 miles on a mixture of motorway, A & B roads and a little bit of town driving at maximum legal speeds wherever possible (tractors and oaps allowing!) - average consumption 64.7mpg.

That'll do nicely :D

• 4 months later...

I'm not too far away from needing new tires for my Gen3 TSpirit. I remembered this post from old and wondered if anyone else had replaced the Michilin for Yokohama db E70J?

I'd like to hear further feedback about these tires. I'm looking at Blackcircle as linked earlier in this thread

Yokohama db E70J

I'd like to reduce the level of tire noise which is one thing passengers seem to pick up on. I think I've solved most of the annoying rattles.

Me too, would be interested on feedback in the Yokohama's. The only thing putting me off at the moment is not knowing what the tyre wear is like, and how long they would last. For a few quid more I can get Michelin Primacy's, and these tend to wear well and are quiet (for a 'regular' tyre). I've got a few '000 miles to go yet, so I'll keep a beady eye on any posts!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links