Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowest Insurance Quotes

marcandsebe

Hi All

I have almost had my iQ for a year now, as the insurance will be due for renewal at the start of March. I only have 1 years no claims bonus, because I drive another vehicle, so could not use my no claims bonus on the new iQ. The lowest I could find this year was approximately £356 fully comp from Swift Cover. This is on a 2010 iQ3 Multidrive. What sort of cost have any of you had? Be interested to how low it can get, because most of you probably have good no claims discount. All iQ's welcome. You could also mention the insurer and if its the 1.0L or 1.33L iQ you are driving. It would/could be our own Compare the market.com with a list of the lowest insurers.

Well not knowing any different i have 9 years NCB on my peugeot. And still have it and renewed it in December. In June when i bought the iQ i took out a seperate insurance with Tesco and got a note from the peugeot's insurers of proof of my 9yrs NCB and sent it to tesco. The way i see it i can only drive one car at a time. And paying insurance on both and using my driving record on both. God knows what the rules are as they make them up as they go along. Like double glazing sales peope

Oh Tesco came in at £306 full

David

Well not knowing any different i have 9 years NCB on my peugeot. And still have it and renewed it in December. In June when i bought the iQ i took out a seperate insurance with Tesco and got a note from the peugeot's insurers of proof of my 9yrs NCB and sent it to tesco. The way i see it i can only drive one car at a time. And paying insurance on both and using my driving record on both. God knows what the rules are as they make them up as they go along. Like double glazing sales peope

Oh Tesco came in at £306 full

David

My cost is not that far out then David

Marc

Strangely the peugeot is an old S reg and is registered in a sleepy village in cambridgeshire and that is £380 and it lost its front (not my fault) and got written off and i bought it back for £50 and rebuilt it. It only needed a lamp cluster and a bonnet.. Thats what I mean like double glazing its a lottery. I remember once looking on Diamonds site for a friend and getting a quote then going on a compare site which brought up Diamond and it was £105 cheaper by going with the compare route. It really needs regulating.

David

I have just insured my 2010 iQ3 with the manual gearbox and did it through the meerkat site with Quote me happy which is Aviva apparently.

Got fully comp with both my parents on there as named drivers for £231.34 a year and that includes a small penalty as I paid by credit card, not debit card.

I'm 34 years old and 13 years no claims although I put in 5 years no claims and it made no difference.

I have registered to receive a free Meerkat toy through the post too so I can stick that on eBay when I get him and make some money back! :)

Craig.

I was surprised to be honest, it's £100 cheaper than my Range Rover was to insure and that was worth half what the Range Rover is.

If you can add named drivers onto your policy that can help so long as they are older and more experienced. Spreads the risk in the view of the insurers even if they never actually drive the car.

Maybe living in West Sussex helps too? :)

Craig.

I have just insured my 2010 iQ3 with the manual gearbox and did it through the meerkat site with Quote me happy which is Aviva apparently.

Got fully comp with both my parents on there as named drivers for £231.34 a year. I'm 34 years old and 13 years no claims although I put in 5 years no claims and it made no difference.

I have registered to receive a free Meerkat toy through the post too so I can stick that on ebay when I get him and make some money back! :)

Craig.

Hi Craig

I thought you had double posted for a minute, as they are almost identical, apart from the costs.

I used compare the market too and was hoping for the Meerkat. I must admit, I thought the costs would be lower for David, especially when he has a lot more no claims bonus. Plus I have a couple of minor accidents. One hitting black ice in 2009 and a minor incident in December 2011. My wife who is also on the policy, has a traffic light incident from June 2008 too. So I suppose I can't complain too much about the cost. Your second cost is very good though.

It states that people up North pay more in insurance.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/news/view/drivers-in-the-north-pay-the-most-for-motor-insurance

Marc

looks like we should all move to Sussex lol

david

Yes it's a good price up in Sussex.

And the reason for insurance for up is false whiplash claims. I know someone who got £1500+ for just this recently.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/news/view/motorists-must-prove-whiplash-to-prevent-false-claims-say-mps

Marc

Yes, Sorry about that, I did post then checked the policy and realised the price I first posted was the cost for the policy I've just cancelled which was for my old Range Rover. (It is early morning :) ) Well, I say cancelled, I called them and they wanted a £47.50 cancellation fee! Seeing as the policy expires at the end of March I thought, Sod it, I'll just let it run out.

I have registered for the Meerkat but the website says they still need to verify my policy, not sure how long that takes?

Craig.

Yes, Sorry about that, I did post then checked the policy and realised the price I first posted was the cost for the policy I've just cancelled which was for my old Range Rover. (It is early morning :) ) Well, I say cancelled, I called them and they wanted a £47.50 cancellation fee! Seeing as the policy expires at the end of March I thought, Sod it, I'll just let it run out.

I have registered for the Meerkat but the website says they still need to verify my policy, not sure how long that takes?

Craig.

I wonder if I can register after the event. I paid for insurance through their site yesterday?

Yes you can, so long as you used their search and then followed the link from their site to the pay for the insurance, it should work.

Just go here, http://www.meerkovo.com/ click on the Meerkovo sign and then claim toy. If your lucky they will send you a free Meerkat. :)

Craig.

I have just registered for the Meerkat, it's for my son though.

Yeah right, we believe you..... :D

Yeah right, we believe you..... :D

I will cuddle it in bed at night HeHe!! :D

£165 fully comp, full no claims discount (that premium includes £20 additional for DLP and £20 for additional personal protection). This is in my wife's name with me as named driver.

That's with Saga (one of the (few) benefits to being 50+ !!)

Dave

just over £1000 for me fully comp, me as main driver and both parents on as named. But to be fair i am only 20 and i am reputed as a boy racer

Jordan

Fully comp, gifted 9 years listed NCB (matched my Leon's NCB) as this is their max limit! But been a good boy for around 13 years now. :)

London borough, but not postcode. £450 for an iQ2. As said Insurance is just a big con.

Fish

Well, judging by your quotes on here, I'm very lucky. I have a Comprehensive policy with Allianz -through my broker- with a granted NCD of 10 years, with NCD protection, a compulsory excess of £120, Windscreen excess of £100 (but £60 if I use Autoglass, £0 if it's repaired).

The policy cost -for my wife and I, as, I suppose, this is two named drivers- is £166.27. I am 50, my ife is 60 ( :dontgetit: so young, I know, how did we get it so cheap? :ermm: ).

This is for the iQ 1 (if you can call it that) 1.0 manual and registered on 27/10/2009. We live in South Shropshire, out in the countryside.

Well, judging by your quotes on here, I'm very lucky. I have a Comprehensive policy with Allianz -through my broker- with a granted NCD of 10 years, with NCD protection, a compulsory excess of £120, Windscreen excess of £100 (but £60 if I use Autoglass, £0 if it's repaired).

The policy cost -for my wife and I, as, I suppose, this is two named drivers- is £166.27. I am 50, my ife is 60 ( :dontgetit: so young, I know, how did we get it so cheap? :ermm: ).

This is for the iQ 1 (if you can call it that) 1.0 manual and registered on 27/10/2009. We live in South Shropshire, out in the countryside.

Now that's what I call a good price. :D

My wife's insurance has gone down from £300 for her Golf GT TDi to £148 for the IQ2, we are both in our forties though ;)

My wife's insurance has gone down from £300 for her Golf GT TDi to £148 for the IQ2, we are both in our forties though ;)

It's getting much better than I thought possible on insurance costs. :D

Its great to insure. I am 29 and live south of London in the home counties, I pay £170 a year fully comp after much haggling with Admiral.

That's a good deal to make with an Admiral. At your age Dizeee, very good. It goes to show that some of the comments on here about Insurance being, lets say, all over the place, is quite right. The whole industry needs a damn good shake up and lower policies across the board.

I'm sure you have all heard about the black boxes that can be fitted to cars to show driving habits for younger people? So that if they drive 'nicely' and 'sensibly' they can get their insurance lowered much quicker than the usual route. Maybe they should make them compulsory for all 'New' drivers, male and female, so that they can reduce (or up) their payments, depending on how they drive. That would stop the rip-off prices for anyone wanting to be legal in their car when they are younger.

Still, we aren't going to solve it on here are we?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links