Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Going Intermittently Into Limp Mode

Kaybird

Was on my way home tonight and my car started making a whistling sound and then went into limp mode and flashed up in the dash, "check 4x4 system", "check VSC system" and "check engine system". The car was in limp mode for a couple of seconds and then drove as normal. The error messages are still on the display.

Have you any ideas what it might be before i take it too my local toyota dealership. I dont want to get ripped off!!!!

Thanks

ps have just had a look through the forum and could do with finding out the link to the egr cleaning procedure, as i cant find it. I can then get my other half to clean it out. My car has done 122,000 miles!!!!

Hi Kay and welcome t'Forum de Nutters,

Right at Page 1. "pinned item" Technical Information Hints and Tips....there are 2 sections. One covers the 4.2 Rav up to around 2005 and the other I seem to remember was another car (Auris?) but is same procedure for the Rav 4.3 (2006 on) THIS IS THE SECTION APPLICABLE TO YOUR CAR.

Good luck and come back to us if unclear on any parts of procedure.....not difficult, just messy black soot....not one for the dining room table.

JUST NOTICED....122,000 MILES !!!!???? Is the moon nice close up....?

Big Kev

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links