Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Dealerships. All The Same?

keithy1

I have had my car (Verso T3 2.2D4D registered Jan 2008) serviced at the Curries Toyota dealer at Isleworth since new every 10,000 miles up until 80,000 miles. I normally book a while you wait service which has usually taken at least four hours from arrival! At the last service (this one was a five hour wait) I had pointed out a starting problem where it would start straight away but would rumble away for a few seconds not allowing any acceleration. Having waited the requisite 4hour minimum I was told the car needed approx. £940 worth of additional work. This included rear disc pads, a leaking water pump and the dreaded (as I have later found out by visiting the Forum) blocked EGR valve plus £54 to replace a number plate light bulb! I work at Heathrow during the week but live in the West Midlands so decided to take the car to Toyota World in Tamworth. They told me that the blocked EGR valve could mean a replacement engine and that the leaking water pump may be covered under an extended warranty as there was a manufacturing defect-none of this information was volunteered by Curries. Tamworth carried out the work to un-block the EGR, replaced the pump etc. and sent me on my way though I had to pay the labour cost for the pump plus unblocking of the valve. 2000 miles later the trio of lights came on so back to Tamworth. Though I had not noticed any oil usage nor reduced MPG I was contacted the next day to be told a replacement engine was required and a courtesy car ready for collection. Within three days the car was ready for collection and running better than new-thank you Toyota at Tamworth. Just in writing, why is it that the RAV4 drivers have been more vocal re. deficient D4D engines?

Woah, never heard of a blocked EGR requiring an engine replacement before!! :eek:

But yeah, Toyota dealers are just as variable as any other franchise garage - Some are good, some are bad. Finding the good ones is the trick tho' (There used to be a rating system on here but alas it seems to have disappeared with the forum overhaul :( )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links