Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ct20b Vs Ct26 Pics

KiwiMR2

Intresting.....just for peoples info :)

(look in 3rd post :) )

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Does look interesting - anychance of better quality photos, I can hardly see whats going on.....

If not don't worry,

Matt.

Hmm interesting, no real difference in the design, slightly different housing, and material for the turbine i.e. metal v ceramic. Turbines look around the same size......

so this poses the question i never got answered some months' ago.

will the rev3 turbo fit straight onto the rev 2 turbo engine? if it is a straight-ish swap it would be a nice way for us rev2 owners to add bhp easily. :thumbsup:

so this poses the question i never got answered some months' ago.

will the rev3 turbo fit straight onto the rev 2 turbo engine? if it is a straight-ish swap it would be a nice way for us rev2 owners to add bhp easily.  :thumbsup:

ALMOST a direct swap....extra stud on the 20b though so a small fix needed. I'll get ya some more info when Im NOT at work ;)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Ok putting it basicly:

1. Take off your CT26

2. Buy a ct20b

3. Take the extra stud off the ct20b flange to downpipe (youll see what i mean if you have both turbos side by side)

4. Drop the ct20b into the car(yes it bolts right up)

5. The turbo support braket will not bolt onto the turbo anymore at both ends (the end on the block bolts fine, but the hole on the turbo side will be missaligned) I believe ppl just let the turbo rest on the bracket in that case

6. Two of your coolant lines will not be long enough to reach the ct20b coolant lines (so use longer hose or the stock 26 coolant lines)

7. Go buy a case of beer for a the weekend job you just performed.

sounds all good fella, why isnt everyone doin this?

from memory i believe (on average here in the uk) that a reconditioned ct20 and 26 go for about the same price so i would be most tempted to get the 20 instead :thumbsup:

do you know how the 20 is affected by the airflow meter on the rev2 - is it a problem?

sounds all good fella, why isnt everyone doin this?

TBH the UK seems to be the ONLY place where there is a ready supply of ct20b turbos :( there either damn hard to find or a crazy stupid price.

from memory i believe (on average here in the uk) that a reconditioned ct20 and 26 go for about the same price so i would be most tempted to get the 20 instead

Intresting....on a side note from what Iv'e read from what pepole have been finding a STOCK ct20b is still favourable over an upgraded ct26!! so they must be doing something right with it :)

do you know how the 20 is affected by the airflow meter on the rev2 - is it a problem?

Good point...afaia there ISNT any issue but Ill look into it for ya :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

• 6 years later...

I just swapped my ct20b for a ct26 today, the 20b was a tad Farked lol,

wouldnt boost much over 10psi could get 12psi if it was really icey weather

so who knows what was wrong there might pull it apart tomorrow and see what was broke :) but the ct26 goes good for a old turbo

will hit around 15psi then just slowly creep back to 10 and wont hold boost to reline is the only problem

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links