Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Active Antenna In Rav 4.3 ?

proxonic

Gents,

I have Rav 4.3 XA3 - 2006, with navi unit B9004 (right now replaced by another one from china).

Does this Toyota originally has active antenna and does it give +12V DC to the antenna?

As i already sold the unit B9004, can not check it by myself.

I'm not 100% certain, having never looked or measured any DC down the antenna coax, but I believe, yes it is an active antenna feed, and I believe it has a separate 12V supply which is not associated with the head unit.

It certainly doesn't appear to have a separate 12V feed from the B9004 (again, unless it is down the coax) and diagrams show two connectors (I assume coax & 12V power), at the rear, under the headlining.

preamp.png

Try it, If it works OK, don't mess with it or is you new unit a bit deaf?

Yes there is a seperate connection for power and it comes from the radio.

Joylove - do you know from which plug/pin it comes?

I do not have other single wire close to the coaxial cable going to the radio - only standard plugs witch were connected to B9004.

Maybe you have / or know where i kind find the electrical diagrams of this connection?

that interests me also, because i have the same problem. original stock radio (that one with 6cd changer), B9004 was working really perfect, until i mounted the new chinese radio (C7009TR also known as QL-RAV977).

i love the chinese unit, but the radio is simply terrible. i have mounted an active amplifier, but there is almost no difference.

so, lets see what you will discover :)

btw, does someone needs the EU wiring diagram?

It's on pin 8 (old gen) and pin 13 ( new gen).

5739734558_6f5a21d928.jpg

Thanks Bob, that one was actually stairing me in the face.

I think though, on the B9004, it's on a ten pin connector (E52), pin 8. At least the manual shows it as that. Same connector as front Speakers, VBAT etc. Stand to be corrected, but it looks that way to me.

E52.png

So this should be my chinese navigation - the list of connectors. i cant see ANT+, but there are similar pins. which is the right one?

https://docs.google....XeUpraGVRTjhadw

In my opinion its the ANT-CONT (Blue) whilst the AMP-CONT (Green) is to activate an external (optional) amplifier.

Better to check it out first with a voltage meter.

Any front view, just for curiosity......

Amp cont (blue) for sure.

SCHM - I think probably you are right, it should be with the front speaker audio. Perhaps that diagram is wrong, it looks edited at ANT+?

So this should be my chinese navigation - the list of connectors. i cant see ANT+, but there are similar pins. which is the right one?

https://docs.google....XeUpraGVRTjhadw

In my opinion its the ANT-CONT (Blue) whilst the AMP-CONT (Green) is to activate an external (optional) amplifier.

Better to check it out first with a voltage meter.

Any front view, just for curiosity......

Im with ANT-CONT blue too.

But theres an ANT CONT White on the steering wheel control cable also?

But AMP CONT green probably does the same ..........just puts 12v+ on the wire when its turned on.

Chinese diagrams always have the odd mistake though, just to make things interesting :D

But AMP CONT green probably does the same ..........just puts 12v+ on the wire when its turned on. Chinese diagrams always have the odd mistake though, just to make things interesting :D
:D

I would say that if the choice is there I'd go with ANT CONT. If it goes low during the CD/MP3 playback, this would help reduce any FM bleed onto the CD audio, which can happen on cheaper units. It also may have a slightly higher current output.

when two conditions: weather above 5 degrees of celsius (no garage) and enough time will meet, i will try the pins with the voltmeter.

has anybody done it?

• 1 month later...

finally, i have checked it today, there is a +12V supply. so it's clear it is a crappy tuner.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links