Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Avensis T180 V Avensis 2.2 150Bhp Version

Facchino

if you are looking at the previous (i.e. 2003-2008) Accord model might be worth looking at http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/honda/accord-tourer-2003/?section=bad .

Hopefully the 2008> model had improvements but you'll probably be paying more.

At any rate if you have not already found an equivalent Honda forum to this I would do so & see what the users there say.

I had all the Accords 2.0/2.2d/2.4, petrols and diesel, auto's and manual's. They are all solid cars, the oil issue does occur on 2.2d's but normally settles down after the 20k mark.

But, i would still go for a petrol at the age the OP is looking at, the £12 extra per £50 will be covered by reduced purchase costs,cheaper servicing and lower insurance (on some). Plus if the injectors fail (how of then does this happen?) on a petrol they wont be the same £1500 you need to replace them on the diesel. They also dont have the turbo or all the rest of the stupidly expensive emission control bits.

Personally i agree with Scott, but have already got out of the Diesel and gone back to Petrol for the personal car. Company Car is Diesel because i dont have to pay the maintenance bills, just a bit of tax.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links