Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Slight Knocking Noise On Idle?

Tay

I wouldn't have thought that would have caused to much of a problem mate! But very important (With all cars) to use the correct spec's and grades that the manufacturer recommends. Hope you get it sorted out :-)

Hi all,

Well i changed the oil, uising the right grade and a toyota filter but the noise is still present..

I suspect it might be the serpentine belt tensioner actually, had a good poke around at the weekend and although its really hard to tell where the noise is actually coming from, there is some sideways play in the tensioner and the noise definately sounds like a 'rotational' knock if that makes sense.

One thing i noticed at the weekjend though is that if I leave the car sitting idling for about 4-5 minutes the noise does fade away and vanish, its most prevalent when I have just driven the car and then stopped.

Does that make sense to you guys then? should there be some movement in the tensioner or should it be tight? If so I will probably giive that a go first as it'll need doing soon anyway I suppose..

Thanks!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links