Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can I Connect My Ipod To My Auris Hybrid Tspirit?

dancingbutterfly

I have had my lovely car for about a month BUT in all that time I have not been able to connect my ipod (I had no trouble with my previous Auris TR - I unplugged it and took it with me and on my return to the vehicle just plugged it back in again- PERFECT). Even the Toyota showroom where I bought the TSpirit were not all that successful either - as it connected but the volume was inadequate and had to be on maximum. They put the blame on my ipod, but if it worked on my previous Auris on my way to pick up the new car I cannot see that the ipod is to blame. The new car is fitted with SatNav and touch screen for in-car operation. Now I cannot even sync my ipod with the car and it is busy searching for the iPhone of the previous owner. I don't have an iPhone I have an ipod full of my favourite music that I cannot listen to. Surely such a top of the range vehicle should work in more or less the same way as the TR - plug it in and away we go?

PLEASE can someone give me information regarding this? This situation is driving me nuts and I waste a lot of time endeavouring to get the car and ipod to even recognise one another, let alone play music. Many thanks. :disgust:

HELP! HELP!

dancingbutterfly

I have both my Nokia phone and ipod touch connected via bluetooth without any hassle, don't have the sat nav just the standard radio with DAB.

You just need to "pair" the device.

Hi there, and welcome to TOC.

I had the same problem when I picked up my HSD back in 2010, and it's all around the factory fit sat nav and the inability to connect a USB device to it (the brochure now makes specific reference to the incompatibility because so many early early HSD purchasers moaned so much).

You can pair your iPod (assuming it's a Touch) with the sat nav head using bluetooth, by connecting it as an audio device rather than a phone (sorry, can't remember how but it's in the sat nav manual). You can delete the iPhone pairing through the telephone menu (on the "Info" button on the sat nav).

I'm sorry that's all a bit vague, but it's from a badly ageing memory! ;)

Best of luck, Dave.

or you can buy a special OEM adaptor with USB that will connect you ipod to the satnav enabling controlling the ipod with the steering wheel

Some good advice given. Remember to DELETE the other owners phone from the bluetooth connections.

The you need to connect or PAIR your phone using bluetooth. If that doesn't work you will need to get the special adapter, as given in another post.

• 1 month later...

I have both my Nokia phone and ipod touch connected via bluetooth without any hassle, don't have the sat nav just the standard radio with DAB.

You just need to "pair" the device.

Really? I can't pair my Nokia at all with the std radio. There is no 'phone pairing' option in the menu only a 'audio pairing' - which I assume is for input only. Strange as there are phone buttons on the steering wheel. The book talks about phone pairing but that option is not in my menu.

When in "pair" mode you can switch between phone and audio in the menu, without going out to the car and checking I am not sure of the exact procedure, but it must be simple if i could do it.

If you get as far as the option to pair audio you must be close.......

When in "pair" mode you can switch between phone and audio in the menu, without going out to the car and checking I am not sure of the exact procedure, but it must be simple if i could do it.

If you get as far as the option to pair audio you must be close.......

I had another go and you were right. I was a level too deep in the menus. Thanks for the comment.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links