Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Servicing Costs For Avensis

filemike

Hi everyone,

Be grateful for some advice in that I've noticed of late that all the Toyota dealers in my area (Bolton, Wigan, Manchester) are quoting a fixed price for servicing my Avensis. It's done 80k and according to the schedule is due for a full service at £229 but it looks like I'll probably go for the interim at £159. Is there any way I could reduce the costs further? Has anyone had any experience with the Bosch service centres? Any advice would be appreciated as I'm sure I'm not the only one for whom finances are a bit tight.

Thanks in advance

Just do it yourself mate if you're handy with a spanner! Its very easy to change the filters and oil on these cars.

my Mr. T at least lets me supply my own oil - that knocks a few tenners off the bill if you buy wisely.

Thanks for the tips, guys. Any suggestions for a suitable oil that would meet Mr T's requirements?

Type your reg into the Mobil,Castrol or Opie Oils site and it will tell you what you need! Then take a search on Fleabay to see what kinda deals are out there...

Thanks for the tips, guys. Any suggestions for a suitable oil that would meet Mr T's requirements?

what engine?

Thanks Mistermena for that tip - will try this later. Engine is a 1.8 petrol, Heidfirst - don't know much else about the type of engine. Model is an Avensis T3X on a 2004 plate. Thanks for your input.

5W-30 should be fine for your car. Prices will vary depending on the spec, as an example Castrol Edge and Magnatec have a £17 difference for 4 litres, either would be ok.

I dont think I'd go for the Mag oil tbh. Stick to Edge or something with the spec's. I've heard a lot of bad things about Magnatec oils...

Cheers, guys, for the info. Much appreciated :)

Magnatec is available with the specs.

It is... But still wouldn't use it! I've read lots of prblems with the oil. Forum member "Acetip" is the man to talk to about Mag oils.

some people won't touch the Mobil 1 that you love - it's personal preferences etc. (btw Magnatec 5W30 is now fully synth, used to be semi).

I've been using Magnatec for 10 years plus with no apparent issues.

Its not that I love Mobil 1. Its because it meets all the specs thats needed for the T-180 engine and that I buy it cheap! But you are right! its a personel choice at the end of the day.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links