Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1998 Avensis Gls - Dome Fuse Cct - Locn Of Conn Blk 3 & 1?

17Hz

The 7.5A Dome fuse is blowing on impact. This causes remote central locking, courtesy lights and clock to fail. Vehicle probably has another 50,000 miles on it but is probably not worth repairing at £85/hr+ parts! My intention is to isolate fault to restore as many functions as possible.

I have soldered a 21W bulb onto a blown fuse and am attempting to isolate the faulty circuit. From the Cct diagram the Dome Fuse goes to Connection Block 3 and then Block 1 where it then splits off in a number of directions, therefore if possible I intend isolating those circuits in turn in an effort to locate the fault. However I do not know where these connection blocks are. Can anybody help?

Of note with the 21W bulb in place of the fuse the interior courtesy light glows dimly if manually selected and the clock operates, indicating that the 12V (Red) circuit itself has not shorted directly to earth. Hence it must be a resistive drain implying fault could be the Interop Relay, Wireless Doorlock ECU or behind a diode.

Following on from my previous post and in the absence of any replies, can anyone advise if there is such a thing as a loom layout plan/diagram and if so where can i find one? I should add that I already have the Cct Diagram and i could not find a loom plan in the Haynes manual (so didn't buy it).

Thanks anyway to those who scanned my earlier post, guess there are not too many Avensis familiar Sparks on here!

Continuing my monologue, but damn me after a trip to town on Friday the fault has disappeared and the fuse is now holding. I hate intermittent faults!

Notwithstanding if anyone can identify where the connection blocks are or better still direct me to a wiring loom plan I would be most grateful, as this fault will surely return.

Thank you in anticipation.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links