Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anybody Have Suggestions

HWP

i have a 1990 Toyota Camry DX 2.0L 4cyl automatic 3SFE engine

i have a couple of problems with my car.

the first problem is what i think, moisture related. if my car were to sit over night and it were to rain, the next morning my car would hesitate a lot and sometimes die on me. after a while of driving the problem would clear out and drive o.k. i don't know where the moisture is getting to, but i have put a new distributor and distributor cap in my car, but it still happens.

my second problem also deals with hesitation. lets say if i was driving my car and it seemed fine, but i had to accelerate hard for some reason and i would let my foot off the gas after accelerating kind of hard and all of a sudden the engine light would come on and it would start hesitating. if i were to start accelerating again the engine light would turn off and the hesitation would kind of clear out, but it still would hesitate sometimes and again if i were to let off the gas the engine light would come on until i start accelerating. sometimes when if i were to come to a stop the car would die on me repeatedly. one time that happend and after trying to move from a stop the car finally accelerated and it seemed fine. it's weird how that happens. i don't know if it is triggered off by me accelerating hard, but it shouldn't be doing that. so if anyody has any suggestions, please let me know. if you want to email me instead of posting a reply, my email address is

hmhmicb@yahoo.com

-thanks

could be a leak in one of the hoses and have you checked the ht leads as well as replacing the cap ?

Does the camry have a condenser as part of the ignition system? (I'm not sure if new cars with ECU's have condensers)

If it does have one it's one possible culprit for the hesitation. If I remember right, there's no way to check if it's failed or not other than to just replace it with a new one and see. Hopefully they are still cheap to buy so to check shouldn't be too expensive (For my Fiesta it used to be about £3 for a replacement, but that was over 10 years ago).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links