Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Warning Light On After Cleaning Egr Whats Problem

tonymadboy

today i bought egr spray off toyota dealers so i cleaned and sprayed it into the egr unit where the sut gatters and also into the air intake which i was told by toyota mechanic but after i cleaned it with spray on my dash clocks it says check engine and the buzzer also sounded what could be the problem

Did you fit the gaskets back on and fit it securley? And the EGR has a wire did you plug it back in?? Check the above two or the chances are you have used too much spray causing a little flood, should dry out with engine heat.. If problem still exists after a short drive try to reset the ECU by removing Battery cables for 5 mins before reconnecting

ya could have used too much i drove it for about 6 miles but still on and yes i made sure to put wire plug back , ya il try disconnect Battery tomorrow and see if it reset ecu thanks for the reply

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot to plug the wiring loom back in and engine went into safety/limp home mode. Got 2 warnings for my troubles, check engine and VSC! Disconnected Battery and all fine after that.

Had replaced standard air filter with K and N but still getting lousy MPG so must resign myself to having a right lead foot ;-)

I would suggest that you don't spray anything into the air intake as the MAF is a sensitive and expensive bit of kit, and won't like corrosive substances spayed on it.

Brake cleaner isn't corrosive dave it won't do any harm to the maf

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links