Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mpg Avensis 2011 T4 2.0 D-4D

MikeLinda

I've just bought this car in expectation it would return about 55mpg overall. It is showing 45 mpg and I have checked this by the 'fill-to-fill' method. This is very disappointing as it was a major reason for buying the car. I should add that my last car was a 2008 Avensis 150 bhp 2.2 deisel and with my normal, fairly gentle style I always returned 43-45 mpg.

it's well known that the official mpg figures quoted are rarely achieved in the real world.

Also, it's still quite cold so your results should improve as it warms up.

Still, I'm sure that you can do better :)

Mines doing 43-44 up from 41, you wont get near 55 MPG unless you drive long distances at 60-65 MPH. I do 3,000 to 4,000 miles a month mostly on Motorways.

Don't use the brakes, thats where all the diesel goes, stuck all over your alloys.

I get over 60 miles on my 54 plate and it's not even running good.

The wife cannot get 40 miles out of it, no matter what I threaten her with. ( I always give her just enough for the trip, so she gets 0 on the range and flashing lights and *****)

The reason is; - one second she is on the brakes the next on the gas.

The cold doesn't help, diesels hate cold.

I have a 2010 T4 which has done 12000 miles and average 43 to 45 mpg with virtually no urban driving.

When I go to France in the summer and drive on their auto routes it goes above 50 mpg

wel guys what can i tell u i hav the 2012 Tspirt 2.2 automatic and am getting about 470 and 500 miles to the tank tht is 60 litres i think tht is pretty awesum to get from an automatic but am really happy with it :euro:

wel guys what can i tell u i hav the 2012 Tspirt 2.2 automatic and am getting about 470 and 500 miles to the tank tht is 60 litres i think tht is pretty awesum to get from an automatic but am really happy with it :euro:

that's 35-38mpg if you are actually using the full 60l.

My 2.2 (2008 150 BHP) averages mid 40s (see sig) with urban driving. On a long motorway run, I expect between 55 & 60 MPG. Lovely engine.

I get mid 40s too but his is an automatic plus it will have a DPF which ours don't.

am a taxi driver a bit of motorway and the rest is local i jus got it 10 days ago to be honest i was a bit scared 1st tht i got an auto for taxis and then once iv started driving i cant believe my luck tht it is givin me this much mileage so now i feel happy tht i bought it lol

I spoke with a friend the other day who recently brought a 1.9 Vectra (it's their own fault really) and he is lucky to get 40 MPG on a motorway run, including the 50 MPH section between MK and Luton on the M1, just goes to show how good the D4Ds are when I have more power and better economy than him.

Hi Mike. If the car is brand new you won't get great milage fro the first 3 or 4000KM until engine breaks in. Not sure how this fairs to MPG but my experience with the new 2012 2.0 diesel engine is as follows.

First 4000kilometers 5.9litres/100km

After 4000kilometers 5.1litres/100km

Big difference.

Cheers.

OP hasn't come back so I assume the mpg shot up to more acceptable levels

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links