Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where Is The Air Intake Temp Sensor In My Rolla?

Firebreather

Hi, can anyone tell me where the Air Intake temp sensor is in my 98 1.3 Corolla (4E-FE engine), and if possible could you also tell me where the air mass sensor is?

here is a pic:

f.JPG

Thanks!

The air temp sensor will most probably be goin into you airfilter box. It does on the AE92!!

air temp sensor is after the filter usually, try the back of the airbox where the flexi pipe goes to the inlet manifold

Air mass sensor ( do you mean AFM air flow meter) is normally before the air filter (??) try looking in the bottom left of the air box as you look at it, near that red thing in the pic that we just cant see...) its in a secure housing bolted to the air box

if its the same set up as Gti that is....

The Air Intake temp (IAT) sensor I think is behind the air box near the big flexipipe, there arent any other connectors attached to the air box, so where would the mass air sensor be?

The air mass sensor is that thing bolted right in the middle of the bulkhead with the electrical connector & vacuum pipe going to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds to me like someone else brought a little 5p resister ( *** + 20 BHP ***) Mod from eBay, My mate did for £3.00, I brought the same type for 20p, the only down side is that your engine will rev and jump between 1700 & 2300 RPM - scared the crap out of me when you stop at a red light.... these might work better on the 0-60 strip.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links