Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing Windscreen Wipers

nubianblue

yeah just unclip out of the 'horseshoe' shape bit

rear wiper slides out of the arm (just the rubber bit)

hey, and also what size blades are used for the front two windscreen wipers, thinking of replacing them with the crome ones,

also does any 1 else find that the windscreen blades dnt seem to push that hard on the windscreen, front and especially the back as the rain seems to smear :yes:

back ones rubbish

just got to Halfords they sell them in ready sized kits for about 12 quid

21" and 14" is the recommened size. At speed the air turbulence will disrupt the wiper and lift it from the windscreen. If you car does not have a wiper spoiler, then try the ones that have a spoiler built in. They make a huge difference. Also, as wipers age, they deteriorate. I just put brand new wipers (champions, with spoiler on the drivers side) on mine, and it wipes smear free.

Cheap wipers (like from market or some of the 'style' wipers) have crap suspension on them, and won't follow the curve of the windscreen properly, thus leaving un-swept areas.

Stick to big brand such as Champion or Bosch.

Al.

Aye don't mess around just changing the rubbers...they will just end up being crap in a very short space of time....change the entire arm.

Having a wiper spoiler does improve effieciency in cleaning the glass...but it also puts extra load on the wiper drive motor.

Stick With Champions.

Vipes

Hi everyone

Brought 2 for the front wind screen from my local car accessories shop. They where Bosch and only set me back £10.99. Instead of the £25 what Toyota were charging me :angry:

jerry!!

hi,

i'm using PIAA silicone wipers they are brilliant

even give you a cloth soaked in rain x to wipe on

windows first, but they are not cheap.

kim B)

Instead of the £25 what Toyota were charging me 

HOW MUCH???

Struans of Perth only charge £12.00 for rubbers for all 3 wipers... and they fit them for me too.

<_< jerry looked in Halfords 4 Bosch ones but they dont do them, had the ones with the spoiler on the old car but they dont seem to have them for the yts. Where did you get yours???

Instead of the £25 what Toyota were charging me 

HOW MUCH???

Struans of Perth only charge £12.00 for rubbers for all 3 wipers... and they fit them for me too.

Hi alanbradley

Well i know were i should get them from next time buddy. Your place it quite cheap :thumbsup: How come theres a price difference when it comes around different dealership?? Shouldn't they all charge the same :eek:

jerry!!

<_< jerry looked in halfords 4 bosch ones but they dont do them, had the ones with the spoiler on the old car but they dont seem to have them for the yts. Where did you get yours???

Hi acemiko

Thats funny i went to my local Halfords and they had them in there? They had Halfords own make and the Bosch as well. In the end i got mine from a car accessories shop called milehams. Which is like a motorist centre :thumbsup: They where banging them out for £10.99 instead of £12.99 at Halfords :thumbsup: Keep looking. Perhaps ask one of the guys working there to order them in for you :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links