Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oem To Ipod Connector Help

Biojem

Hello, I've just bought a 2005 Rav4 with a B9000 sat nat stereo unit.

I want to connect an ipod to this stereo so I've bought this connector...

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/xcarlink-sku12851-toyota-4runner-avalon-avensis-camry-ipod-iphone-adaptor-p-33698.html

I understand it connects into the same dock as a CD multi-changer would as so should be a straight forward job but I am unsure where to start!

Do I need to take the unit out? If so how does it come out?

Any suggestions/help gratefully recieved.

Hi Jeremy,

you will need to take the head unit out to get to the back of it to plug in the cables. There is a fairly recent post giving instructions, with photos as well I think, which should help :) it is a pretty easy job, but any questions, just ask. Quite a few members have done this so lots of help available here :thumbsup:

Blimey I just sold one of those for 35 quid !!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.dynamicso...or-p-33698.html

I understand it connects into the same dock as a CD multi-changer would as so should be a straight forward job but I am unsure where to start!

Hi Jeremy,

i was looking at getting one of these, can i ask how you got on? is it fitted and are the controls for the ipod easy to use, cheers Mark :)

Hi Jeremy,

i was looking at getting one of these too only because it looks easy, theres a how to fit a GTX car ipod kit on utube different kit but gives an idea of how easy it should be, can i ask how you got on? is it fitted and are the controls for the ipod easy to use from the head unit, cheers Mark :)

just as an add on, found one of these... adapter-toyota-avensis-corolla-rav4-p-5169.html?osCsid=5eae3382f533d4881ddf8cb48aa8ca54

wondering if anyone had fitted one, I`m quite happy to put the ipod on shuffle, not too worried about having ultimate controlof the pod from the head unit, so just an jack cable would suit, like what you get in them newer posher models thats not in mine :disgust: that i though would have been !

cheers Peeps, Mark

Hi Jeremy,

i was looking at getting one of these too only because it looks easy, theres a how to fit a GTX car ipod kit on utube different kit but gives an idea of how easy it should be, can i ask how you got on? is it fitted and are the controls for the ipod easy to use from the head unit, cheers Mark :)

just as an add on, found one of these...

adapter-toyota-avensis-corolla-rav4-p-5169.html?osCsid=5eae3382f533d4881ddf8cb48aa8ca54

wondering if anyone had fitted one, I`m quite happy to put the ipod on shuffle, not too worried about having ultimate controlof the pod from the head unit, so just an jack cable would suit, like what you get in them newer posher models thats not in mine :disgust: that i though would have been !

cheers Peeps, Mark

Hi Jeremy,

just as an add on, found one of these...

adapter-toyota-avensis-corolla-rav4-p-5169.html?osCsid=5eae3382f533d4881ddf8cb48aa8ca54

"ooops" link dosnt work, it a `Connects2 CTVTYX002` aux adaptor 3.5 jack

cheers Peeps, Mark

Can a kindly Moderator please help me not look like a complete **** and delete my previous posts I`ll work this forum out one day... honest :)

Edited by scotrav4

Blimey I just sold one of those for 35 quid !!

whas it the Xcarlink Ipod one? if so was it any good? could you control ipod from the sat nav unit?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links