Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Have I Done Something Wrong?

blue monster

I couldn't have a dog because of dreading the day I would have to say goodbye to it.

Sorry to hear your news.

Thanks everyone for the reassurance that I'm not being locked out as I put it, me being paranoid is the obvious answer!! :P

Charlie, as for not being around, you are right, my wife and I got knocked sideways last month when our big, strong & handsome German Shepherd had a massive stroke totally out of no where and died in front of me in our home without me being able to do any thing about it :crybaby: . We don't have any children so our dogs are our kids & they come every where with us and make up a massive part of our lives so as you can imagine this left us very emotional and probably made me think that I was being ignored in some instances - not that I like to be the centre of attention - just things like this play havoc with your mind.

Thanks again for the kind words, they are appreciated and it's nice to be a part of a great community :thumbsup:

Know where you are coming from Martin, lost our 15 yr old westie 9mths ago, just spent £2k + at the vets with our 9mth old puppy, and a few other not nice things in the last year, can knock you completely out of kilter, sincere best wishes and condolences :thumbsup: Stew

Thanks everyone for the reassurance that I'm not being locked out as I put it, me being paranoid is the obvious answer!! :P

Charlie, as for not being around, you are right, my wife and I got knocked sideways last month when our big, strong & handsome German Shepherd had a massive stroke totally out of no where and died in front of me in our home without me being able to do any thing about it :crybaby: . We don't have any children so our dogs are our kids & they come every where with us and make up a massive part of our lives so as you can imagine this left us very emotional and probably made me think that I was being ignored in some instances - not that I like to be the centre of attention - just things like this play havoc with your mind.

Thanks again for the kind words, they are appreciated and it's nice to be a part of a great community :thumbsup:

I can relate to that, Martin. Our 12 year old Pug has had a stroke & lost one eye and we do whatever it takes to keep her comfy & with us (and with the French Bulldog, 5 cats & a goldfish). Can't imagine life without her and everytime she has a "moment" it scares the **** out of us. We've got kids as well but the animals can't do for themselves so they have to get a bit of extra attn, if you know what I mean.

I don't think the management are out to irritate anyone for the sake of it. I would have thought the intentions were good.

Don, you know what they say about good intentions & the road to hell........

Talking Dogs, I,ve got two. A Labradoodle and a Cockerpoo- Hudson and Dyson. Follow that one Jedi!!!!!!!

Regards Dog Lover Clare

Really gutted to hear about Your dog Mate !!

Me and the Wife lost both Our dogs in two weeks just before We moved to Scotland .. Two border collies one 16 and the other 15 years of age.. Mate it knocked Me sideways and still upsets me so much even though 3 years have passed............. Havoc is an understatement !!!

Glad You are back !! I for one will always be on the end of the phone as always......

I don't think the management are out to irritate anyone for the sake of it. I would have thought the intentions were good.

Ole Itler ad good intentions as far as E was concerned ....... See what Me Grandad and his chums did to Him..............

Talking Dogs, I,ve got two. A Labradoodle and a Cockerpoo- Hudson and Dyson. Follow that one Jedi!!!!!!!

Regards Dog Lover Clare

Hudson and Dyson nice names :wub: , no Tripod then? :no:

Blimey I never realised how many dog lovers are on the Forum.. I love dogs in particular Border collies.. The last 3 years since moving hear to Scotland have been .. Well feels like something is missing,,,, But running up and down would not be fair on a dog and after the huge loss of Our two I'm not so sure I'm strong enough to go through that again...

My Kids often used to joke that Dad would make a good RSPCA man.. I used to cuss and swear at the telly when the rescue programmes were on and some RSPCA bloke was faced with an idiot that had mistreated a dog or any other animal..... Corrr I would not have been able to control Me self and would have ended up in the clink....

We are making some progress with the sale of Our house and will sometime soon be returning south as this semi retirement is driving Me bonkers.. Then and only then will We consider another dog............or two......MMmmmmm

Yet another dog lover here! :wub:

My 12 year old Shih Tzu (Bobby) lost an eye 5 years ago because of an eye ulcer. The vet said the ulcer was caused by the stress he went through with the bladder stones, which had to be operated on. It all took a lot out of him and we nearly lost him. Then the bladder stones returned at the end of last year, luckily they were able to be dissolved with prescription food so thankfully he avoided another op. He’s pampered and gets taken out in the car a lot, especially to the beach. :D

Its true Charlie it would be very hard for you to get another dog after the pain of losing one. When Bobby had was very sick I thought the same as it was so hard watching him so weak. But if you do decide to get another dog… you might as well get 2, - more fun! I’d love a second dog myself but I don't have the room. Good luck with the house sale. :)

Just a little advice for anyone thinking of buying a dog (or two) take out vet insurance, our little westie has a duodenal ulcer, 4 days treatment in a veterinary hospital £2005.. had he needed surgery (which he didn't TG) estimated at £4500 and he is 10mths old :thumbsup: Stew

Don't know if I ever shared this before about how we come to buying the RAV in the first place to replace our X-Trail.

Our German Shepherd used to sit bolt upright in the boot every where that we went so we needed something similar space wise to the X-Trail as in fairly square at the rear or at least good height in the boot so that he could sit up and something slightly lower than the X-Trail at rear as our Rottweiller has bad arthritis and I have to lift her in to the boot. The easiest way I can describe how I measured the required height was that if I sat on the floor our German Shepherd was the same height as me when he sat next to me and because we took both dogs with us every where we didn't want them to be squashed.

So, there we were going round various dealerships and the first thing I am doing is asking can I see the boot and promptly getting in to it and trying to sit upright to assess the space where as the salesman is trying to show us the leather interior, sat nav, cruise control, etc!! :lol: You want to see some of the looks I was getting especially from the likes of Audi, BMW, Volvo, Volkswagen, etc, and I was actually disappointed by lack of proper boot space in many of the cars like the A4 avant, 3 series estate, etc.

We sat there a few weeks ago looking at the RAV laughing and crying about how we came to buy it and actually how pleased we have been with it since buying it. :thumbsup:

Not the most conventional way of buying a car I know and we don't regret it for a single minute but it just goes to show how much influence dogs have on your life

Don't know if I ever shared this before about how we come to buying the RAV in the first place to replace our X-Trail.

Our German Shepherd used to sit bolt upright in the boot every where that we went so we needed something similar space wise to the X-Trail as in fairly square at the rear or at least good height in the boot so that he could sit up and something slightly lower than the X-Trail at rear as our Rottweiller has bad arthritis and I have to lift her in to the boot. The easiest way I can describe how I measured the required height was that if I sat on the floor our German Shepherd was the same height as me when he sat next to me and because we took both dogs with us every where we didn't want them to be squashed.

So, there we were going round various dealerships and the first thing I am doing is asking can I see the boot and promptly getting in to it and trying to sit upright to assess the space where as the salesman is trying to show us the leather interior, sat nav, cruise control, etc!! :lol: You want to see some of the looks I was getting especially from the likes of Audi, BMW, Volvo, Volkswagen, etc, and I was actually disappointed by lack of proper boot space in many of the cars like the A4 avant, 3 series estate, etc.

We sat there a few weeks ago looking at the RAV laughing and crying about how we came to buy it and actually how pleased we have been with it since buying it. :thumbsup:

Not the most conventional way of buying a car I know and we don't regret it for a single minute but it just goes to show how much influence dogs have on your life

Did You sit in the back of the cars and wag Your tail ? Or bark ?? Maybe pant on a hot day ?????? Shall I get Me coat ??........

Just a little advice for anyone thinking of buying a dog (or two) take out vet insurance, our little westie has a duodenal ulcer, 4 days treatment in a veterinary hospital £2005.. had he needed surgery (which he didn't TG) estimated at £4500 and he is 10mths old :thumbsup: Stew

We've got three dogs (two labs and a jack Russell). They are all insured, costing nearly £100 per month!

But one of the labs needs long term meds costing around £75 per month and with the "covered for life" policy it's all paid for! So well worth the expense!!

PS Also got two horses, two cats and two guinea pigs! Not really animal lovers are we?!

Dave

Don't start me off on dogs. Had my Jess until she was sixteen, she went everywhere with me. If I took her up Snowdon or in the hills, she would not rest for one second, if I sat down to take a sandwich or drink she would bark like crazy to get moving again, a real charecter indeed, very sadly missed. I can't even bring myself to have another, would love to but the loss was very hard and I know where you are at Martin

75843287_o.jpg

Geez even posting her picture up brings back all the memories. She was a German Shepherd / Collie cross, totally loyal and very intelligent, unlike her owner, before anyone says it :D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

when i was about 11years old my dad took me to Club Row near Petticoat lane in London to buy me a puppy after much looking i chose what the man said was a Golden Retriever,On the way home dad said dont expect the dog to be a pedagree cos what ever you brought in Club Row was suspect.if you brought a Canary i could well be a painted Sparrow.

We i called my dog PIP and he looked every bit a Golden Retreiver and i loved him bits. I was so proud when people said i had lovely dog. I could not wait to get home and take him for a walk down the park.

One Friday morning PIP was not very well and when i got home from school that afternoon he was no better. i was supposed to go camping for the first time that weekend with the scouts. and told my dad i would not be going because i wanted to stay with PIP. Dad told me to go as i had been looking foreward to the trip so much.and if PIP was not any better he would take him to the vet on the Saturday.

So i went camping,when i arrived home on the Sunday evening and knocked on the front door my dad opened it and i called out to PIP expecting him to come bounding up to me. but PIP did not come,the dad said i am sorry son but PIP has died.and ive buried him in the garden He had died of Distemper and the vet could do nothing to save him.

I cant explain how hard it was to lose my dog that was everything to me.I was ill over it and was off school several days.

when i did go back i lost interest in everything. i use to play truent from school and sit on a bench in in the park where i took PIP for his walks untill it was time i was expected home.

Like most people ive had tragedies in my life.one being loosing a son in a motoring accident. but nothing has hurt as much as i was as a young lad seperated from his besr friend.

Ive had had several dogs since and loved them all, but none were, or could be a replacement for PIP.

I dont mind confessing that while typing this post ive had a few tears in my eyes.

I lost that dog over 60 years ago but i will never lose the pain.of it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links