Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New To This Site, Need Advice Please

wello1978

Just bought a celica and was wondering if anyone knows the cheapest place to find insurance, and also my CD player is not working but ain't got a clue how to get it out to replace it. Also my water is pink and i am wondering is that coolant and does it have to be topped up with coolant or can i top it up with water.

if you can help please let me know i would be really grateful.

You just have to shop around for cheap insurance, try adding an older/female driver too - it might just make some difference! I use Brent Acre personally, their a broker that find you the cheapest deal, then theres places like Sky Insurance (discounts if you get with the right owners club, I know theres a good one for celicas out there ;) ), and then Adrian Flux and Admiral can be good aswell for young drivers

To get to the CD player you need to remove the gearknob, lift the plastic trim surrounding it by putting your finger nail under the plastic near the window switches and remove it (unplugging the cigarette lighter at the same time) and then undo the screws holding the bottom of the A/C in, then lift the whole lot away from the dash (iirc!) and the headunit should still be sat there attached to the car and you just remove the bolts holding it in!

As for the pink coolant, thats the official toyota stuff, I wouldnt top it up with water as it will dilute the good stuff! You can buy pink coolant from toyota but its not that cheap - I noticed though it went down alot slower than water did (I think I have a very very very slow leak somewhere!)

Thanks for that mate, useful info, i should be able to fit new CD player now without breaking the dash.

By the way can you buy a cheaper coolant from a retailer or does it have to come from toyota?

The official pink coolant from toyota is meant to preserve the metal/materials used in the cooling system which apparently most other coolants dont, whether or not this is bullsh!t and just their way of getting you to buy all your bits from them is unknown! Depends how particular you are, if you wash your car every week and service it every year - Id stick to the pink stuff!

As for the CD player, is it a double din? If so a new one might need the top and bottom filling plates as the standard stereo isnt a regular double din size

Nice one i think i will replace a like for like stereo so i don't have to mess about.

Just bought a celica and was wondering if anyone knows the cheapest place to find insurance, and also my CD player is not working but ain't got a clue how to get it out to replace it. Also my water is pink and i am wondering is that coolant and does it have to be topped up with coolant or can i top it up with water.

if you can help please let me know i would be really grateful.

Hi,

Feel free to give us a call for a quotation if you like. Remember club members can receive up to a 15% discount.

Regards,

Dan.

yes i called before and some one took my details and said someone would call me back tomorrow after 4 30

i have a 1990 levin with a 4agze engine.i'm thinking about putting on a turbocharger and staging it with the supercharger ie the supercharger would work up to a curtain boost and then trip out via the factory electro-magnet then the turbocharger boost would work from there.any suggestions or has any one ever done this b4? is it even possible?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links