Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Fog Lights/lamps

Bainite1964

A bit of helpful advice from you really knowledgable Rav4 people please.

Just drove back up the M5 today 250 miles in dreadful conditions only to find my front nearside fog lamp glass has been taken out by some foreign object. Seems a big impact as the glass is really thick.

I take it that the glass on its own cannot be changed and you have to buy a complete lamp assembly.

Anybody know what the price of these are (Kingo ??), there are some relpacement versions on ebuy but not genuine toyota. Is it worth fitting a pattern or genuine OEM part.

Also are the lamp units easy to fit. Do you need to remove wheel arch liner or compete front vallance. I have got my MOT due soon will this be cause for failure ??.

BTW my Rav is a 2008 2.2 D4D XTR

In theory, the front bumper has to come off. Attached. frontfog.pdf

Thanks for that shcm. You say in therory the front bumper has to come off. In practice can the lamp unit be accessed from behind the arch liner. I will see if i can get hold of a replacement lamp assy first then have a poke around when the next bout of dry warm weather approaches. I am due my 4 year service as well as the MOT in May so will ask mr T for a quote while they have the car.

You'll have to pull the bumper right back on one side - OK to change a bulb but for what it takes, get a helper and pop it off.

Those front fog lights aften come up on eBay.

One here for £28

Where?

Obviously been working on some poor bgr's Rav at the weekend, and sent him to get the tea....prey hesto.....one fog light in his garage......does that answer the "where" Dee....?

Tommy Smith

One here for £28

Where?

Obviously been working on some poor bgr's Rav at the weekend, and sent him to get the tea....prey hesto.....one fog light in his garage......does that answer the "where" Dee....?

Tommy Smith

Oh, there.............................

You'll have to pull the bumper right back on one side - OK to change a bulb but for what it takes, get a helper and pop it off. Those front fog lights aften come up on ebay.

Thanks for that Don

Just got a price off Mr T £75+vat

Breakers just quoted a price of £75+£8 delivery+Vat =£99.60

Comes to something when the breakers are making more profit than the dealership.

Another one................. http://www.ebay.co.u...=item20c0ff5ec5

Thanks Don

Just had another final browse on ebuy before deciding to go via one of your links and as luck would have it managed to find OEM toyota Part number 81220-0D042 for £25 (I do like to try and keeps bits genuine wherever possible). Just need to find a warm dry day to fit.

The same part No is used on the Prius, Rav4, Auris, Avensis and IQ and Mr T seems to charge slightly different prices for each model although the part No is the same.

Now I come to think about it I could have just swiped the one off my wifes IQ she may not have noticed for a few months

Section 32 on of this guide shows you how to get the bumper off;

http://www.toyota-te...000%20539-1.pdf

Thanks for all the help guys (much appreciated)

Fog light picked up from the post office this afternoon (original toyota £25 from fleabay) and fitted in about 30 minutes.

Just for the record the fog lamp housing can be fitted without having to remove the bumper.

First remove wheel arch liner clip. Then unbolt front flap thingy at the bottom, there are two 10mm bolts on each end and a 10mm nut in the middle. After this is removed there is one 10mm screw on the edge of the bumber. Remove this and then pull the arch liner away to give access to the fog lamp. It is a bit restricted but can be managed.

First unplug the connector then remove the one 10mm bolt holding the lamp in place, for the LHS this was the bottom left/outboard lugg (the screw was only just hand tight so used 10mm socket and short extension bar) and slide the lamp sideways to disengage the inboard luggs and extract housing through wheel arch. Installation is reverse of removal.

Job well done.

Nice one David, quick, simple and relatively cheap :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links