Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yarris Story From New April 2012.

Chris Reardon

So my trusty Aygo with nearly 160,000 miles has now gone. Here I will log my White Yarris as new from April 2012. Please comment as and when you want.

Now done 1,000 miles. No problems at all, as expected.

Couple of things on the Touch & Go system.

1. It does not seem possible to get your phone book to sort alphabetically by first name. I have it in this order on my iPhone, but on the touch & go screen it goes surname first. Annoying.

2. If using the Sat Nav, the system does not "duck" the music for direction announcements. I have the Sat Nav announcements set to full volume, but if my music or radio is loud, the announcements do not come across the top of the music. Seems to be no way to adjust the music to dip say 50% when the direction announcement is happening. Even more annoying.

3. Have signed up to the Touch & Go thing on Toyota's website. Looked at how to update things - ***** it's complicated. Not sure if I'm going to be able to update anything to be honest. I got as far as it telling me to stick a USB Memory stick into the computer, but it didn't see it. Hope they will be able to update it for me at services. I did a trip to Lincolnshire at the weekend and one of the main roads was not on the system so it showed me driving through fields !

Seem to be getting abour 61 mpg at the moment. I drive carefully for economy almost all the time. This should improve, although I'm already .

Lovely car.

post-38277-0-31063800-1335827056_thumb.j

Hi Chris!

Lovely car even if I do say so myself! :thumbsup: (bought one too in white lol) I'm glad you're enjoying it, I am too and have only had mine less than 2 weeks...I seem to be getting over 50mpg on just really short journeys and didn't quite think that was right as the engine is running practically cold all the time as I only do a couple of miles a day (200 miles on clock...still) ... but since you are confirming that you too are getting good mpg I guess it must be right...great!! I thought my 2010 model was good but this new model beats it by far and i've not tested it on longer journeys yet...(same daily journey on previous model was averaging 35 mpg)

The Satnav was a disapointment, it just dosen't make sense that it won't overide the audio, this really should be looked at by Toyota, wouldn't it have been so easy to do since the phone through bluetooth does it anyway?

Haven't tried signing up yet to the Touch 'n' Go system on the website yet, but I have no hesitation in going to my local dealer where I bought it from and bugging them to death with everything and anything ...lol they are just down the road so that'll be easy :)

Anyway enjoy your gorgeous car and take care x

P.S. If you want to see pics of mine go to a post titled Bye bye baby blue, hello wicked white :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just about 1,500 miles and getting 65.5 mpg. Driving very carefully. I work this out myself converting 35.5 litres into 7.76 gallons and dividing by 509 miles = near enough 65.5 mpg.

How the hell do you get 65.5 MPG ?

I get about 45 MPG according to Fuelly doing 60 miles daily commutes to work and back and that is about 85% motorway.

I have the SR CVT Version.

Driving carefully. Coming off the gas whenever there's a hill. I drive about an hour and a quarter every day. Sticking to the 60mph means I get home just 6 mins later.

Get that siggy updated!

What model Yaris it it?

Looks like a TR to me looking at the pic

• 2 months later...

It's the desil 5 door I have.

Now done about 5,500 miles. Getting about 70 mpg. lovely smooth drive. Love it. There have ben no problems, no faults, and nothing "doesn't work". Very happy with car.

BUT - not happy with the sat nav and phone as mentioned earlier up. 3 other problems or shall we say annoyances have emerged.

1. As the weather has become brighter, it is painfully difficult sometimes to actually see what's on the screen. It just seems to glare the light at you.

2. The maps are already out of date. In particular a main road in Lincolnshire which has been there sometime is not on the maps.I have gone onto the Toyota update thing today and new maps are availible - BUT - there only seems to be maps for the whole of Europe - at a cost of £119 ! I only want UK. Have sent them an email to find out if UK only is availible. At the moment, I wish I hadn't upgraded to include the Toyota Sat nav. My Tom Tom is far superior.

3. Sometimes it tells me there is a queue of traffic up ahead - often there is nothing there. Other times I hit traffic, and it hasn't told me about it.

4. There has been a few occasions where it just doesn't find the postcode - or it stops at the first few letters for example - if I want to go to RG12 5BS it will get as far as RG12 5 and you can't find anything else.

If you are buying a new Toyota - I really wouldn't bother with the Toyota Sat Nav. Very expensive to add on, and I've been disappointed.

• 3 weeks later...

So Toyota have got back to me and they tell me there are NO UK ONLY MAPS you can buy.So to update, presumably you have to get the whole Europe package at over £100. Very unhappy with this. Will go back to my Tom Tom when the maps get so out of date.

I agree with Chris, paying 100 £ for map updates is way too much and this is every year if one wants to keep up. I have complained to local Toyota about this, for the money one can buy brand new Garmin or TomTom or even a Nokia phone with free map updates! Other than that, Yaris is great, I have Hybrid.

I agree with Chris, paying 100 £ for map updates is way too much and this is every year if one wants to keep up. I have complained to local Toyota about this, for the money one can buy brand new Garmin or TomTom or even a Nokia phone with free map updates! Other than that, Yaris is great, I have Hybrid.

Had mine updated yesterday FOC from map version EUL20110321 to version EUL20120620 - car only 2 weeks old.

Had mine updated yesterday FOC from map version EUL20110321 to version EUL20120620 - car only 2 weeks old.

Did you pay for this Bassa ?

Did you pay for this Bassa ?

No, as stated it was FOC. When I first spotted the available update online I checked the version on my car. The map version was the earlier one and at that time I'd only had the car for a couple of days so I raised my case with TUK.

10,000 Mile service. Nothing to report.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links