Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Central Locking

Boswe11

Hi, I have a 2004 regd on a 53 plate Avensis T3x semi-auto with 70k on the clock which i have owned from 6 months old and i must say this is the best and most reliable car i have ever owned and apart from servicing and related items she has given me trouble free motoring,, until recently that is.

The problem is with the Central Locking System. I can lock the car , all doors, with the remote and that sets the imobiliser and alarm, but it wont unlock the car. To unlock i have to use the key in the drivers door but it does not open all doors, if i forget and open the car without using the remote first, it sets off the alarm which is easily stopped by using the remote. I can hear the unlocking noise when i use the remote as though its unlocking but it does'nt unlock and have had several auto electricians check the car all to no avail and i have also had the master door switch changed on the grivers door and that worked for a while then stopped again. I have tried both my keys and fitted new batteries as well.

I had the car into Toyota Dealers for a morning and they couldnt find the fault they said they they wanted the car for longer to take the dash out which i am not too keen as well as the cost. So now i have heard about this forum and its over to you guys to see if anyone has any suggestions.

It's probably time to change my car ayway, but i am loathed to because I will miss her so much that if i can get this working i will prob keep her till she find a nice Toyota cloud in the sky.

Cheers guys and thanks in advance for reading,, Colin.

Have you got the manual, I guess there might be something in there that may help?

Have you got the manual, I guess there might be something in there that may help?

Hi, do you mean the owners handbook, i've looked through that and couldnt see anything, but i will look again and let you know.

Hi, do you mean the owners handbook, i've looked through that and couldnt see anything, but i will look again and let you know.

I have re-read theowners manual and apart from instructions about locking with remote and immobiliser and alarm setting there is no reference to my problems, looks like i'm stumped.

• 8 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links