Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bg244

webleymk3

Well. That's the tank full to the brim with v-power mixed with a can of BG244.

Return trip to Sheffield the'marra which will use the whole tank. 500 miles pretty much exactly so will probably need to refill around Berwick on the return leg.

Hopefully this time tomorrow I'll have a shiny engine (on the inside!)

Sir Wib-a-lot

I gave mine one real caning with the engine hot after it had time to get through the system. I used half a tank of the fuel mix then wound it up towards top revs in a low gear, up hill when it had to work hard. Don't know if it did any good but it would have been under high pressure to blow out any cobwebs.

Never been revved like that since mind!!!

Rumour has it some of You old Grannys have spiders nesting under your engine valves........ After a run .............. :P

http://db.tt/4k0Fo1IU

First stop, Newcastle for breakfast!!

I'll imbed the photo when I'm not in my iPhone...

51.4 mpg obviously very easy if you look at the speedo needle.....zero mph...!!!!!!

New Member....or just a "member"....?

Return trip to Sheffield the'marra which will use the whole tank. 500 miles pretty much exactly so will probably need to refill around Berwick on the return leg.

Not the ideal or recommended way to utilise BG244.

BG244 in a full tank is best used over a period of time ie shortish journeys/ couple of weeks to allow time for it to work and disolve carbon/gunk.

Then refilling at a quarter of a tank diluting the BG 244 to normal fuel treatment strength to finish off the cleaning process .

BG244 in a full tank is best used over a period of time ie shortish journeys/ couple of weeks to allow time for it to work and disolve carbon/gunk.

Then refilling at a quarter of a tank diluting the BG 244 to normal fuel treatment strength to finish off the cleaning process .

Seriously? That's contrary to what I was told previously. I was led to believe that a long run which runs the engine properly hot is the best way to do it.

Seriously? That's contrary to what I was told previously. I was led to believe that a long run which runs the engine properly hot is the best way to do it.

And who told you that I might ask ? :lol:

Seriously were they referring to BG244 with that advice or another cleaner whoever it was ?

And who told you that I might ask ? :lol:

Seriously were they referring to BG244 with that advice or another cleaner whoever it was ?

I'm sure it was on heat I read that!! Maybe I misread or misunderstood!!

Dinna worry about it Dave, I`m sure it`ll still do the job :)

Coincidentfully, I have also emulated Webbler's method (inadvertently) as it gave no instruction on the wee can to do short journeys (which is my usual lifestyle lately....!!)

Where from did you get that wee gem, Dave (McDerv).....? Only use it once a year, usually after slow driving in winter, so not due for ages yet, but will copy.

Big Kev

Well what a day for driving. Left the 'burgh at 6am and 4degC. Arrive 250 mile later (53mpg) and it was 18degC and the sun spliting the sky! when we left it was 23degC!!!

After reading about how i used the BG244 wrong and Anchs 'rip-the-*****-out-of-her' advice and due to the fact we were running late, we caned it home! With every hill (the steep ones at least) i got her down a gear and worked her hard to help with those cobwebs!... At 1/4 tank i topped up with another 30litres and completed the journey home so at least there will now be some moderate normal driving with BG244 in the tank. Not as concentrate as it would be had i followed Derv's advice but better than a kick in the ging-gang-goolies!

Report so far and bearing in mind i have a shiny unblocked fuel filter and a clean EGR valve. the car does seem to be performing better, paritucularly in high gears and low revs. I often found accelerating from 70mph in 6th a struggle whereas she had no problems with that today... not that i was doing that on the road cos that is illegal... :eek:

Fuel economy was brilliant at 53mpg when we arrived. That was cruising with the needle at 75mph on the motorway. In fact the Instant bar sat comfortably at about 60-75mpg on the levels so i think i had been going further on the motorway it would have kept climbing! I was well chuffed! Lost a good bit coming home due to driving style, but still finished on 48mpg which is no bad all things considered! I reckon i would have made the 500 mile round trip on the single tank had i not been caning it on the way back!

Happy-Wibblerav...

Coincidentfully, I have also emulated Webbler's method (inadvertently) as it gave no instruction on the wee can to do short journeys (which is my usual lifestyle lately....!!)

Where from did you get that wee gem, Dave (McDerv).....?

From Powerenhancers site Kev

Directions – How to Use BG44K and BG244

Add a full can to the fuel tank using the pouring funnel provided (its best to do this at a filling station.) Then fill the tank full with petrol/diesel immediately afterwards.

Drive your vehicle normally but try to make the tank last for at least a week or 2-3 weeks if possible. Short journeys will help ensure BG44K / BG244 has the chance to clean the fuel system thoroughly. When your vehicle is left with approximately ¼ tank of fuel remaining, fill up again. This will give you a very potent dose for ¾ of a tank and a less potent dose (but still strong when compared to other cleaners) for another full tank of fuel.

http://www.powerenha...64555d6b41e52ea

Coincidentfully, I have also emulated Webbler's method (inadvertently) as it gave no instruction on the wee can to do short journeys (which is my usual lifestyle lately....!!) Where from did you get that wee gem, Dave (McDerv).....?
From Powerenhancers site Kev Directions – How to Use BG44K and BG244 Add a full can to the fuel tank using the pouring funnel provided (its best to do this at a filling station.) Then fill the tank full with petrol/diesel immediately afterwards. Drive your vehicle normally but try to make the tank last for at least a week or 2-3 weeks if possible. Short journeys will help ensure BG44K / BG244 has the chance to clean the fuel system thoroughly. When your vehicle is left with approximately ¼ tank of fuel remaining, fill up again. This will give you a very potent dose for ¾ of a tank and a less potent dose (but still strong when compared to other cleaners) for another full tank of fuel. http://www.powerenha...64555d6b41e52ea

Aw gubber it Dave....that amount of detail wisnae on the last can I had (for some time admittedly...) Adhere thoroughly forthwith I will. Seemed to work in my opinion anyway, be it snake oil or urrawise....

Big Kev

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links