Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Slight Grinding Sound When Clutch Is Engaged In Gear

Molnboman

Hej Y'all

Starting to get a little a paranoid becuase of a very feint grinding / spinning clutchy noise...although ( doesn't sound too dangerous ) when I am changing gear. It is not affecting clutch or gear changing, however , it is noticeable when you are on the move and you are pressing the clutch to change gear. The clutch itself is working well and is not slipping. Any clues Folks? I have a petrol 4.2 btw

Cheers

A

Well its part of the problem when members don't have the model (which is asked for when setting up the profile) but the picture looks like a petrol to me.

C'mon wakey wakey.....it's a petrol.....it's the last sentence on my post!

A

A

Clutch thrust (release) bearing Al....ignore until it rattles or screams like a Rangers season ticket holder....

Big Kev.

Hej Y'all

Starting to get a little a paranoid becuase of a very feint grinding / spinning clutchy noise...although ( doesn't sound too dangerous ) when I am changing gear. It is not affecting clutch or gear changing, however , it is noticeable when you are on the move and you are pressing the clutch to change gear. The clutch itself is working well and is not slipping. Any clues Folks? I have a petrol 4.2 btw

Cheers

A

say thanks to clutch bearing and have it changed at first ocasion.

regards / igor

DMF???

Don't think the petrol has a DMF. It's just the oxygen sensors , water pump and small Battery that we have to worry about. (so far)

A

Well edited!

Does it do it when the car is standing still and you just press the clutch pedal?

Regards

Don

Hehehehehe @Amchorman!,,,,,,Many thanks......I need to chcck the 12 month warranty that I got with the car.....I know the clutch won't be covered but maybe the thrust bearing might !

I knew it wansae the DMF......which is why I bought a petrol in the first place! hahahaha

@ Ken pmsl ....at that one liner.....very good!

Cheers Folks

A

If it does it stationary then it may well be the thrust bearing but if it does it only changing gears it could be normal. You can sometimes hear them whine especially when changing down.

If it does it stationary then it may well be the thrust bearing but if it does it only changing gears it could be normal. You can sometimes hear them whine especially when changing down.

@Anchorman......no, you don't hear it stationary ....only when moving and changing gear and when the clutch is pressed in.......in all gears.......it ceratinly sounds a clutchy thing as opposed to a cable sort of sound...but you guys no more than me on these engines.......am hoping it's nothing expensive!

If it doesn't do it when stationary you can forget the release bearing. I think you can hear the synchros and that is OK.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links